Coffee:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
For all-I may have 150lbs available in March.

The current crop all across the DR has been decimated, a 90% loss.

Most of the surviving coffee was seriously blasted continuously with fungicides. Not sure what to think about drinking that, but it helped save some trees

We have about two dozen trees in one upwind corner that survived unscathed---out of 25000 tereas---and in bloom. We didn't use any fungicide.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
RC.... count me in.....

thanks for the update.

TTTTTTTambo will be next in line

Roast beef too......???
hahaha

Last edited:

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
So.... should I be running out to the store to buy DR coffee before the price goes up (or up even more)... ?

or am I too late?

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005

Most of the surviving coffee was seriously blasted continuously with fungicides. Not sure what to think about drinking that, but it helped save some trees

We have about two dozen trees in one upwind corner that survived unscathed---out of 25000 tereas---and in bloom. We didn't use any fungicide.

save me a couple of pounds, what do i need to do to confirm?

Aug 6, 2006

========================================
What damaged the crop?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I'll take 10lbs of Cafe Cobra please.

coffee-cup-230.jpg

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
If you have any left I would like 5-10lbs.....or whatever you think if you have too many orders.

Thanks

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Won't know the price until we harvest. It'll depend on market. I do know the today's price is waaaay up.

Stay tuned. At harvest I'll give a heads' up.

I need at least 60lbs. to roast beans.

We make no money, just a service for friends. Besides, I need some for myself. I doubt our stash will last until March/April :(

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have 3 lbs. of Olivo Family special roast beans from this years crop!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND, I also have a Mossberg 12ga. shotgun!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mistakenly bought a lb. of Monte Alta ground coffee last week.
Tasted like $HIT!!!!
I think they must be importing African or Vietnamese beans.

Back to Cafe Santo Domingo for 5 months!!!!!

ps., the Olivo beans are for Merengue Dutchy.
Trade ?Cubanos :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:For Dominicanos!!!!!!

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I have 3 lbs. of Olivo Family special roast beans from this years crop!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tasted like $HIT!!!!

Trade ?Cubanos :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:For Dominicanos!!!!!!
Ahhh...a perfect example of the "Brown Market"...;)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Tasted like $HIT!!!!

Try RANCHO ARRIBA from San Jose de Ocho area. Very good coffee.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have seen it in La Sirena, but I buy it occasionally here in Jarabacoa. There are a number of local produced coffees here in Jarabacoa, main organic ones that are comparably priced ( 160-200) that I like but my wife fines too strong a flavour.

May 12, 2005
Won't know the price until we harvest. It'll depend on market. I do know the today's price is waaaay up.

Stay tuned. At harvest I'll give a heads' up.

I need at least 60lbs. to roast beans.

We make no money, just a service for friends. Besides, I need some for myself. I doubt our stash will last until March/April :(

Keep me posted. I am not a huge coffee drinker but when i do I prefer Cafe Santo Domingo or Bustelo. Definitely would like to acquire some Monte Alto. I cannot stomach that brown water they call coffee that is found at most places here in the US