Shipping a freezer from Miami to Puerto Plata

tarponrunner

Oct 20, 2014
I need some information on shipping a 15 CuFt chest freezer from Home Depot in Miami to Puerto Plata.
I can buy the freezer for $422.00 in Miami, and the same freezer is more than $800.00 in Sosua.
I have quite a bit of difference in price to work with here. Will it be worth my while to engage a shipper?
and, if so, can someone recommend a reliable company to accomplish the move.
How much can I expect to pay in duty?
So, bottom line, will it be worth it in the long run, door to door.
Capt. Randy Rode/North Coast Sportfishing and B&B

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
imo....might end up being too close in price but go ahead and save 45$ maybe 245...,,,,i should know i shipped from ny a large westinghouse....happy i had it

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
that's a pretty comprehensive list in that thread. Offered by those of us who do this a lot... ship in.

They will deliver to Cabrera for no extra, from my experience.

I ship 2 -3 x a year and have now tried 2 mudanzas - not much price difference, so don't spend too much time pricing it.

The MIA company that I posted did work for my Swedish friend in Cabo Fino.... full kitchen appliances delivery.
so from that , I deem him to be respectable

good luck

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I need some information on shipping a 15 CuFt chest freezer from Home Depot in Miami to Puerto Plata.
I can buy the freezer for $422.00 in Miami, and the same freezer is more than $800.00 in Sosua.
I have quite a bit of difference in price to work with here. Will it be worth my while to engage a shipper?

I would think by the time you pay sales tax, the cost of shipping and delivery, and duty you will probably not save a lot. You might be better off to find one on sale in the DR with a company that will deliver. Of course, in Sosua you probably won't find any real deals. Try POP or Santiago.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013

Corripio in Puerta Plata - 11 cu ft Electrolux and Whirlpool $26,000 - 30,000 RD. They were the largest they had ( pretty good size, I thought ). And these folks DO honour warranty/guarantee. We have dealt with them for both appliances and electronics and have recommended them to others. They are top notch, have name-brand products and have some English speaking staff if that is important.

I wouldn't discount the warranty/guarantee factor.