Where is my tax refund check?

Luar

Oct 22, 2014
Hi!

I have been expecting my tax refund check since July. Last year I had to pick it up at Vimenca, but I just called there and a representative told that the Embassy had stopped sending the checks.

Anyone in the same situation? Whom should I call?:nervous:

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
What country? I'm assuming you'd probably have to contact your government and confirm if the the check was sent in the first place...?

Luar

Oct 22, 2014
What country? I'm assuming you'd probably have to contact your government and confirm if the the check was sent in the first place...?

Dominican Republic.

Yes, I checked with the IRS and they told the check was mailed in June.

Luar

Oct 22, 2014
Free, unnecessary aggressiveness made me realize why I hadbeen away from forums.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Free, unnecessary aggressiveness made me realize why I hadbeen away from forums.

Yes that happens , but your original post was not clear enough for people to respond. It had almost no information other then you were expecting a tax refund from somewhere (unknown).

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
What would the IRS have to do with a refund check for taxes withheld in the DR? IRS stands for Infernal Revenue Service and is a part of a totally different Government, one of the United States. And they no longer mail checks to anyone for any reason, just make direct deposits or send debit cards..
Der Fish

No Fish. I was audited this year and did not get my refund until August. I had applied in February
and received a letter saying that I was being audited because of an error made in the filing of my
income tax. Everything was fine and I got the check in the mail, it was not deposited in my account.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Yes, people on this site can be ah___s but your original post was less then clear. When you are posting and you want people to respond with info than you need to state the facts with clarity. You are assuming that things you know we should also know. I am not sure of the process to deliver your US IRS refund check to you is clear to the rest of us. If you have not received it by now than it is either lost in transit or someone has taken it. Did you file on-line? I am assuming you are having the check sent through a mail forwarding company? Either way, you need to get hold of the IRS and find out if this check has been cleared. I would image you can go on-line to the official site and start from there.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Just asking, is direct deposit available to an account in the DR?

Tricky, but YES.
I know an ex-pat that gets his SS & Pension checks DD'ed to BPD.
It took him a LOT of red tape to get it done.
You are dealing with SWIFT # not an ABA.