Ban on travelers from countries with Ebola - No travel from US?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ban on travelers from countries with Ebola

The Dominican Republic has joined the list of countries that have closed their doors to anyone who has visited a country that the World Health Organization has declared as having Ebola in the last 30 days.

Public Health Minister Altagracia Guzman Marcelino made the announcement at a press conference yesterday, Tuesday 21 October 2014, accompanied by national security coordinators and a representative from the Emergency Operations Center.

Defense Minister Lieutenant General Maximo William Munoz Delgado also attended the press conference, along with Migration Director Jose Ricardo Taveras, the Civil Aviation director, airport authorities and others.

In addition RD$70 million will be transferred into the Ministry of Public Health account to set up a national procedure for starting Ebola prevention and training campaigns.

Gobierno proh?be entrada a RD de?personas que hayan estado en los pa?ses con ?bola - listindiario.com

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With some cases of Ebola in the US, does this mean no travel from the US to the DR?

That is what the post on today's DR1 news implies.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
With some cases of Ebola in the US, does this mean no travel from the US to the DR?

That is what the post on today's DR1 news implies.

I think their insinuation is the countries in the primary 'Hot Zone'-Guiana, Liberia, Sierra Leone-Possibly others, such as Nigeria, Mali, Senegal.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
windeguy said:
Not to mention Spain!

jimmythegreek said:
I think their insinuation is the countries in the primary 'Hot Zone'-Guiana, Liberia, Sierra Leone-Possibly others, such as Nigeria, Mali, Senegal.
That would be Guinea, and I hadn't heard Mali being mentioned as a country with Ebola cases.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Not to mention Spain!

That would be Guinea, and I hadn't heard Mali being mentioned as a country with Ebola cases.

There is the potential for spread-as has already been seen in Nigeria and Senegal (but now contained). Countries, such as Mali and Ivory Coast are susceptible. Spain, and Europe in general, should be watched also.

neural

Dec 12, 2012
Ebola: highly infectious, not highly contagious. The Americans in Dallas have passed the 21 day incubation period so they are
safe. Common sense will keep Ebola out of the DR. Beware the fear mongers!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
From the article, it is who have visited these 5 countries within the last 30 days : Sierra Leona, Liberia, Guinea Conakry, Nigeria y Senegal

la prohibici?n de la entrada al pa?s de toda persona que haya visitado en los ?ltimos 30 d?as cualquiera de los pa?ses declarados en alerta por la Organizaci?n Mundial de la Salud (OMS)

Last edited:

Floridaborn

Sep 25, 2010
From the article, it is who have visited these 5 countries within the last 30 days : Sierra Leona, Liberia, Guinea Conakry, Nigeria y Senegal

la prohibici?n de la entrada al pa?s de toda persona que haya visitado en los ?ltimos 30 d?as cualquiera de los pa?ses declarados en alerta por la Organizaci?n Mundial de la Salud (OMS)

I hope that Haiti can get on board with this ! They can enter Haiti, it gets spread and then crosses the borders. It would spread like wildfire with the living situations/lack of hygiene/lack of education in Haiti like in Africa.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I get an entry stamp, but not an exit. I've never seen anyone look at my stamps when coming into the DR. I don't come from an affected country anyways.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Isn't your passport stamped when you enter and leave Africa?

Yes, I have entry and exit stamps. But, I have a hard time believing that the DR authority would go through each passport checking stamps.
I just think they will be on the look out for the citizens of these countries who, don't really, come in drove to the DR.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
A good number of UN/INGO workers in Haiti are from Francophone countries in Africa. If they have dependents they are based in the DR and commute to Haiti.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Are we prepared if it does get here. Here is some good news
Nano silver which they stopped them from using in some countries made it to Sierra Leon
We have all been waiting for the answer will it work. Well here is the answer.
Just in the newspaper today the nano silver sent to Sierra Leon e is working.
here are some links to check it out

http://drrimatruthreports.com/media-...silver-10-ppm/

Ebola Treatment Is Working According to Official In Sierra Leone, So Why Such Opposition? | Standard Times Press

Ebola Treatment Is Working According to Official In Sierra Leone, So Why Such Opposition?

http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_d...p?q=1413469152

http://en.starafrica.com/news/sierra...eat-ebola.html