Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
SONAX aceite anti-corrosivo para armas de fuego, can be found in ferreterias

accesorios-carros-17873-MLV20145856785_082014-Y.jpg

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Anyone know of a good gun cleaner. Rusty guns needed to be un-rusted!

Not knowing what you have for a cleaning kit makes this difficult. For the rust outside, simple cleaning with machine oil and a cloth should work. If you don't want the rust to come back ever, you will need "blueing" to re-coat the barrel. I always just leave a light coating of machine oil on everything metal inside and out. If there is rust outside, then there is rust inside. You should have a brass brush that attaches to the rod of your cleaning kit and runs through the barrel cleaning the twist inside the barrel. Don't have? Then use a small piece of non metal scrub pad with machine oil and run it back and fourth until a clean swab passed through come out without rust. One tip. Shoot a couple of rounds before cleaning. Helps loosen things up inside, and leave a small oil film on everything. Don't use spray lubes like WD40. They leave a coating that will dry out.

Hope this helps.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Tut tut! Rusty weapons is a chargeable offence in the British Military! If the duty sergeant found your rusty gun in the armoury you found yourself in front of the c/o who would ruin your weekend by sending you to peel potatoes in the mess!

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
As you and your wife have already discovered living ocean front is tough on electronics as well as guns.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
What! A rusty weapon! What is your malfunction private! Start cleaning!
On a serious note, do you know how to safely fire that weapon? Preform a safety check,store, handle when loaded?
If not pm me and my next trip we will go over everything.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Anyone know if a shotgun needs cleaning ??? And how ?? It doesnt seem to come apart.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Anyone know if a shotgun needs cleaning ??? And how ?? It doesnt seem to come apart.

It DOES come apart.. All of them do. Single shot, over/under, side by side, pump, or automatic. clean as was described above. It's really not rocket science. Machine oil and another poster added sewing machine oil.. Same thing. Both work well.

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
After shooting you all need:
NITRO SOLVENT bore cleaner
Removes lead deposits, metal fouling, and powder residue.
After cleaning your weapon with this:

Use GUNOIL OR SEWING MACHINE OIL rust preventive lubricant.

To disassemble your weapon to clean it, you can with the brand of your weapon search on the internet.