Imposdom

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
After my very, very high charge by Fedex experience to send a letter at rd$ 3500 I decided to send my next letter via Imposdom's registered/express service. I posted it in Las Terrenas on the 30-sept-14 at a cost of rd$ 150, it arrived at it's destination Toronto on the 17-oct-14, 2 weeks and 4days later. I consider that not too bad at all so all my future mail will go the same way. I just thought you'd like to know of a RD service that works OK.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
NICE!!!!

This is very encouraging news!

Was this a letter or a package? Were you able to track it online?

One wonders about internal delivery. While CT and the courier services work, they're spendy for the service.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
national courier services

I've found the various bus companies, led by Caribe Tours, to be reliable and low cost. I don't recommend using them for items of high value.

NICE!!!!

This is very encouraging news!

Was this a letter or a package? Were you able to track it online?

One wonders about internal delivery. While CT and the courier services work, they're spendy for the service.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've found the various bus companies, led by Caribe Tours, to be reliable and low cost. I don't recommend using them for items of high value.
It costs around RD$150-200 to ship small packages within the country, station-to-station by CT.

It cost the OP RD$150 to send a letter to the states.

Reliable, low-cost internal mail service would be a positive step toward progression as a nation.

Aug 6, 2006
My experience is that letters I have mailed from Miami take about a month. Of four I have sent, three have arrived. The one that did not arrive was a fancy greeting card in a snazzy envelope. It was one of those cards that plays a song when you open it (Happy Birthday) and had a bulge in the middle. Others all had photos, and I labeled them "FOTOS: FAVOR DE NO DOBLAR".

I don't think most people want other people's photos.
I found a really nice photo album in a thrift shop for a dollar. It had over forty photos of some guy's Bar Mitzvah. I took them out and threw them away, because if the person that gave the album to the thrift store did not want them, why should I?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

I ahve used Caribe Tours more than once.....

a letter to Guzman's office in SD from Cabrera --- $1 at the time

my butcher shipment from SD comes Caribe Tours..... I forget that price... I think the butcher paid it

Very reliable..... and affordable

Granca's letter went to Canada
I wonder if the USA is faster ??

Aug 6, 2006
Any letter sent to the US or Canada are surely going by air. There is only an eight hour difference in flight time. Most of the time, your letter will just be sitting there, waiting to be sent on the the next hub or the final destination.

I doubt that there would be any great difference between the US and Canada.

I have ordered things from China and they have arrived in two weeks.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Eps, Cps, Fedex etc, etc all wanted over rd$ 3000. Maybe it is faSTER, AT THAT PRICE IT OUGHT TO BE OVERNIGHT!

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
EPS has a cheap, 100-150 pesos, option for envelopes, - I've used it quite a few times to send docs (that I don't care if they get lost) to US/Canada. It won't have tracking code and will take 2 weeks or so, but it gets there.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
for local deliveries i only ever used metro. i never had much love for CT.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
In my experience, Caribe Tours is very reliable. I've sent and received cell phones, passports and other documents as well as pasteles en hoja, etc. and so far, nothing has gotten lost or ruined. Plus, unlike Metro and similar companies, Caribe Tours reaches most small towns.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ever since i found a cucaracha in my seat in CT bus i feel their services are somewhat lacking. unless you are a roach. then it's first class ride all the way.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
After my very, very high charge by Fedex experience to send a letter at rd$ 3500 I decided to send my next letter via Imposdom's registered/express service. I posted it in Las Terrenas on the 30-sept-14 at a cost of rd$ 150, it arrived at it's destination Toronto on the 17-oct-14, 2 weeks and 4days later. I consider that not too bad at all so all my future mail will go the same way. I just thought you'd like to know of a RD service that works OK.

I have found the same thing with Imposdom. I have only mailed via the registered mail service but have returned items to stores, and mailed important stuff as well. So I can recommend them.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I send non important letters by Dominican mail service ( 90 pesos - air mail) and it arrives in Canada usually in 7-10 days. I use UPS from Jarabacoa for important stuff ( 2500 pesos for 1 lb to Hamilton, Ontario) - takes two business day because it goes from Santiago to Miami, Miami to Cincinnati to Toronto - then delivery by truck.