new hotel to open on the NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
En diciembre Gansevoort abrira hotel en Puerto Plata - Noticias POP

news in english here:
Gansevoort Playa Imbert Oceanfront Resort to Debut in the Dominican Republic | SENATUS

Gansevoort Dominican Republic | Gansevoort Hotels

the name may sound confusing as the hotel is actually in sosua:

r26zpt.jpg

and finally, 5,000 dollars a night? in sosua?

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
It is the condos that were built next to Infiniti-blu. They used to be called Ocean Spa or something similar. Originally marketed as a condominium complex. Very nice large units and we ate at the restaurant earlier this year and the food was excellent.

It is the condos that were built next to Infiniti-blu. They used to be called Ocean Spa or something similar. Originally marketed as a condominium complex. Very nice large units and we ate at the restaurant earlier this year and the food was excellent.

Yes I believe that is the place. I thought the restaurant was ok, not sure I would go back but the view and service were GREAT! I thought it was called something different though? I am horrible with names!
Oh actually the Long Islands were good so I may go back just for that!

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
Another remake in the area (repurchase)? For how long it will last with high pricing?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
They do include breakfast for 2 at those prices. But seriously $595 to $5,000 US a night? Who did their market research?

With every other condo complex in that area selling well, where did the original owners fail in selling the condos so that it turned into an extremely high priced hotel? (Or is it a combination condo/hotel?)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
This Hotel is the topic of this thread.

i am aware of that. i remarked that i find it interesting that a travel advisory would recommend a place which has not even opened for business yet. how would they know of its operational reputation? what if the food and services end up being sub-par?

Aug 21, 2007
Ocean Club, next to Infiniti Blu was not bought. A high end travel company from Europe will take over management beginning November 1. They did their market research. This is an established company that knows what it is doing. They send high end travelers all over the world to their properties.

My understanding is that once this company assumes management, the public will no longer be given admission to eat at the restaurant. I will confirm this with Alexandra today, and if these plans have since changed, I will report back.

Lindsey

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Ocean Club, next to Infiniti Blu was not bought. A high end travel company from Europe will take over management beginning November 1. They did their market research. This is an established company that knows what it is doing. They send high end travelers all over the world to their properties.

Yeah, but isn't this in Sosua? Wouldn't you place a highend hotel in a better place?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you have tobelieve that some market research goes in to these locations and decisions.

just because we don't see the logic doesn't mean there is none.

this is the 3rd $500+/night hotel opening or being built on the north coast that I know of
I too question the wisdom.....

but its not my money....... soooo............

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the thing is that the 5k resorts are usually on small islands, in more isolated locations and more exclusive surroundings in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.