Thanks, but one more question...

G

Globetrotter

Is the Embajador the same as Santo Domingo? And how good is it compared to the Renaissance Jaragua. I'm supposed to be at the Jaragua, but if the persons I'm meeting are in the Embajador, I'm thinking that I might as well go there. By the way, do they have conference rooms that we can rent for our meetings?
My boys will meet me in DR at the end of next week. Which hotel is best indicated for them, Jaragua Vs. Embajador (or whatever the name is right now).

Once again, thanks for any insight.

L

Loren

Jaragua vs. Embajador

Jaragua is closer to fun stuff (the Malecon) than Embajador for your kids. At Jaragua you will be a lot closer to tourist stuff as well.

Embajador is not Hotel Santo Domingo.

Jaragua is the nicer but they are both business class and Embajador is up to international standards.

They are about 15 minutes apart.

They both have ample meeting facilities.

P

Pib

More info

>> Is the Embajador the same as Santo Domingo? <<

It would help if you say Hotel Santo Domingo, it is a little confussing, Santo Domingo is a city. No, they are not the same, in fact they are quite far away from each other. Santo Domingo is on George Washington Av. (A.K.A. Malec?n) by the seaside, El Embajador is in Sarasota Av. in Bella Vista, a upscale residential area.

>> And how good is it compared to the Renaissance Jaragua. <<

I would say that Embajador is similar to HSD, only that HSD is closer to the night action. Jaragua is further east on the same Av. as HSD and is better, fancier and more expensive.

>> By the way, do they have conference rooms that we can rent for our meetings? <<

Yes, they all do. You need to make reservations a few weeks ahead.

>>My boys will meet me in DR at the end of next week. Which hotel is best indicated for them, Jaragua Vs. Embajador (or whatever the name is right now). <<

How old are your kids? Small children I would suggest Embajador, teenagers wanting to party? the two others, just my humble opinion.

&

&quot;The Tourist Watcher&quot;

Re: Jaragua vs. Embajador

Globetrotter:Loren is right. In my opinion The Embajador is more businesslike. The Embajador is closer to the new downtown and major stores, whereas the Jaragua is nearer to the seaside nightlife. The nightlife near the Embajador is more for local Dominicans clique groups, but fun too.

If your friends are staying in the fifth floor of the Embajador you would have the best meeting facilities available to you, including the open bar and snack salon by the elevator. This is a very exclusive area reserved for VIPs. You can take the snacks and drinks to your rooms and meet there.

TW