Insect repellent through the mail?

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We are arriving soon for 5 months and are concerned about mostquito bites, even though we have screens and so far have not had Dengue but this new virus does not sound good.

The CDC recommends the following to protect against mosquito bites:

Repellents containing DEET, picaridin, IR3535, and oil of lemon eucalyptus and para-menthane-diol products provide long lasting protection.
If you use both sunscreen and insect repellent, apply the sunscreen first and then the repellent.
Do not spray repellent on the skin under your clothing.
Treat clothing with permethrin or purchase permethrin-treated clothing.

We have products containing DEET, but would like to try oil of lemon eucalyptus. Does anyone know whether we could receive a 32 oz container of oil of lemon eucalyptus via Miami by Encargopaq? Are these types of products allowed? Thinking about sending down some permethrin too but have not looked into that yet.

Thanks

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
That's great! But if it is not there - could I bring it though the mail? I have been looking for it here in Toronto but cannot find it - google leads me nowhere but buying online and I have left it too late.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we shipped coconut oils via EPS as well as a variety of natural medicine. i doubt that repellents would be an issue. you can, of course, buy them in any shop in DR but the choice is limited and the prices are quite steep.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I just got back from a weekend in the campo. I wish I would have had repellent. I have about 100 bug bites on my legs and I am just waiting to keel over with all the tropicial diseases. The campo bugs really love fresh meat.