Surprised with BHD/Leon!!!! :)

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I receive my payments via wire transfer since 4 years. I have my accounts at BPD. At the beginning it all went very smooth and without complications. Every week on Wednesday my money was in my account.

All of a sudden all that changed. I expected my trransfer and it did not arrive. Not Wednesday, not Thursday. Finally it arrived on Friday night. I've thought some problems were the reason for the delay and thought next time it will be there on Wednesday again...
Well, it wasn't. The next week it wasn't deposited in my account until the following Monday! 7 days for a wire transfer!

Since then I have to call them every Thursday ("their international transfer department" needs up to 2 hours to pick up btw.) afternoon to assure to get my money at least on Fridays!:mad::mad::mad:

A good friend of us is Gerente at a Banreservas branch and told me I should switch completely to them (I have some business with them), this would never happen there...

OK. I said to the GF (whom I got a job in the company I work for) please open an account at BR I want to see how fast your transfer arrives... :cheeky:

Guess what? We solicited the money on October 15th and it hasn't arrived until today.:mad::mad: which beats BPD clearly :tired:

This week GF added her BHD account and asked to have sent her next transfer to it. Guess what? Tuesday night solicited and Wednesday afternoon she called (picking up in btwn seconds and available 24/7 - take that BPD!) the money was available in her account.

No-brainer that I am on the move to BHD asap... As bigger they are here in the DR as less they care about the individual.

Rant over.

Last edited:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Guess what: never had any trouble with BPD neither until this month, took them 5 days to deposit a wire in my account. I made another wire last week and I got a warning message from BofA on their website that the receiving bank is known for taking long to have a wire deposited in your account. (Not my experience until October). However, th?t wire did arrive the same afternoon I wired it.