Rental Deposit and Banco Agricola

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
How was that again what a landlord should do when he received a deposit?

Can somebody elaborate please?

And what could happen to him if he did not deposited it and used or want it used otherwise?

Maybe a source with this law in Spanish?

Thanks for your input.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
OK. So I guess the owner (a VERY complicated person) f***ed up already twice. More than a month deposit for a rental contract of 6 month where only one deposit is allowed and obviously no deposit at Bagricola... :)

I ask because we have a contract for 6 month but need to move out because several things are not working out in this house...
we are living there 2 month now...

In case he want to make it complicated for us regarding wanting to move out earlier as agreed I will ask him first thing where is the receipt from Bagricola. Lol.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
If you are moving out early then you are not going to get any deposit back, you can wave that goodbye on a 6 month contract. You're breaking contract and so he can do as he pleases no?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
No I don't think so. Well, not sure. I was told the inquilino is not bound to the length of contract.

And there are facts that show that the landlord failed with various things. I. E. not doing promised repairs (Jacuzzi), fixing the power (we had even a cable burning inside the wall), expecting from us to put a transformador and pay for it and for 200 feet of cabling what needs to be installed for that according to EDESTE (which in my eyes are obligations of the owner NOT the renter) etc. etc.

I don't need the deposit back. He can wipe his a$$ with it. I just want to have something in my hands when he start to tell me pero eso eso eso to shut him up in case he tries to extort more money out of me besides keeping the (overcharged) deposit to do repairs accusing us to have caused the existing issues.

Last edited:

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
In case he want to make it complicated for us regarding wanting to move out earlier as agreed I will ask him first thing where is the receipt from Bagricola. Lol.

......and then what?
if the circumstances are as you say and he's a decent enough land-lord, he'll give you your deposit back (it happens). if he wants to complicate things and you ask him that, you'll only complicate things more......for yourself.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Vamos a ver... I don't see him as a decent guy. Others say he is "complicado". Not in a dangerous sense but in the meaning he is a major PITA. He is a surgeon at a local hospital here so pretty much educated. I can handle him. Hope I won't need any surgery here anytime soon though...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
......and then what?
if the circumstances are as you say and he's a decent enough land-lord, he'll give you your deposit back (it happens). if he wants to complicate things and you ask him that, you'll only complicate things more......for yourself.

You right. GF says looking for confrontation is never a good solution... We will try it in a friendly manner.