Looking For Presidente Beer In Los Angeles

R

Rushton

I want to purchase Presidente Beer in Los Angeles for personal consumption. I'd buy up to 5 cases and I have other dominican friends who would probably do the same. Can someone please directy me.

rushton@stjamesc.com

M

Maria Obetsanov

go to El Cubano in North Hollywood on Sherman Way and Tujunga or Victory and Tujunga and ask them to special order if not on the shelf, It available in N Y C. My causin brough some on the plane from there.

R

Rushton

I called El Cubano and they don't carry it. Any other suggestions. President beer is a Dominican Beer.

L

Loren

I contacted Miller Brewing, who distributes Presidente in the U.S. I also met with a representative from Phillip-Morris (parent-company) and asked them why the limited distribution. Their reason/excuse was capacity issues. They said they were quite confident they could sell the beer to expanded markets, including the general gringo populace, but they were not prepared to introduce it on a wide scale.

I have been frustrated that I can't get it in Ohio, either.

Anecdote: I remember the first time I had a Presidente. It was long before I knew anything about the Dominican Republic or had ever been. I was in a grocery store in Miami looking for beer and decided to try something different. "Damn! This is good beer!" I thought when I drank it later that night. I loaded my dad's minivan up with it on one road trip from Miami on our way back to Ohio. He became very suspicious I had some kind of drinking problem.

G

Gerd

Re: Looking For Presidente Beer ...me too!

I'd like to have a case shippped to friends in Arizona for Xmas.
Any suggestions how?
FedEx don't allow it.....

D

Dakota Kid

I too have acquired a thirst for Presidente, which is not easily
quenched in balmy North Dakota. I have, however, found it
in some of the off sales in Minneapolis. There is a thriving
business in charter flights to the DR in the winter and many
people up here requested it upon returning home. Of
course it is as high as any import beer...but worth every
penny! Just thought you might like to know, in case anyone
is going to Mpls.

A

Anthony Vogelaar

Looking For Presidente Beer.

You can call the presidente distributor in Miami and I bet he'll ship you some cans of presidente. I personally bring a case of cans with me each time I return from the DR.

L

Loren

Interstate shipment, not always legal.

typically violates the laws of most states when not done at the wholesale level. In Ohio to do things legally a distributor would have to apply to the state for permission to carry Presidente and then that distributor could order the product from the importer. It is illegal to order it through the mail and it is even illegal to bring it in from another state with the exception being en-route from international travel.

Ohio State troopers sit across the border in Indiana at the discount liquor stores and bust Ohioans all the time trying to save a buck and buy alcohol to bring back across the border.

These are stupid obsolete laws but most states have restrictions like this in one form or another. I only use Ohio as an example because I know the law here. Some states DO let you ship alcohol from another state, but it's not always as simple as ordering it through the mail.