Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free internet

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Free internet

I remeber a post telling us how to get free internet using a blackberrt phone as a modem. Is this still possible. Does anyone know?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You need an Android or iPhone (if it still works).

You go to Claro and put the Blackberry plan on your Android/iOS but you don't bring the phone to the store, only give them your number.

Turn the phone into a mobile hotspot.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

but it is not exactly free, is it?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It does not work any more, all prepaid plans are now data limited, 1 day plan gives you 100 megs only, then it's cut off. Same for Android or BB plans. I tried this about a month ago, or so.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

i believe(hope) that as the world changes one individual comes along and sells us a device that can pick up the internet in anyplace,spot or house...it would be good for a year...maybe 79$...he will sell millions of them... if he sold 5 million of them ..he might have enough $ to retire....and by then the other comp. would have a chance to never let this happen again....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I (and surely others) have posted that info on a prior thread somewhere. That Claro deal is long gone...as Rubio stated they no longer offer unlimited data. grrrrrrrrr

The best bang for your buck on prepaid is to get Claro internet on an android phone for $240 pesos for the week. That will give you 700mb of data that you could share as a mobile hotspot from your phone.

7. Likes retiree liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Can you get the Claro weekly prepaid internet for android phone at any Claro outlet?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

You should be able to at any location that processes new activations. You need your unlocked phone, your passport and some pesos. You'll get a Claro sim card for prepaid voice and can have them add prepaid data at the same time.

10. Likes retiree liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks very much. Another question? Can they add data to the Claro sim card that I already have and then I can keep the same phone number?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by retiree View Post
    Thanks very much. Another question? Can they add data to the Claro sim card that I already have and then I can keep the same phone number?
    Yes they can.

13. Likes retiree liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast