A Bomb at the 'Malec?n'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
maybe DR is catching upon the notion that everyone will have their 15 minutes of fame.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Propane on a moto is a bomb

nonsense. it's perfectly safe! :cheeky:

rbkzv8.jpg

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
now leaking propane tanks can kill you... in the states if your tank/fittings are no good u aint getting filled....not here....they fill em all...propane moves like water...attracted to heat...

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Puerto Plata

Police found various items in a trash container, which they assume could be parts of a home-made bomb.

Encuentran vaina rara en Puerto Plata ?Una Bomba? [Fotos] | Endominicana.net

Polic?a investiga si se trata de una bomba casera lo encontrado en el Malec?n - Noticias POP

donP

Wonderful Title of Your Thread to get some attention donP ...

If there were any such threats to this country, Dominican Republic...-I would have most certainly reported them on DR1..

STOP PANICKING PEOPLE..THIS IS NOT THE US

Why the hell dont you just HELP THE PEOPLE & CHILDREN of the DR...instead of starting crazy threads like this..

I continue to help different Police/Intelligence Departments in the DR, and have done for many years

BUT crazy un-informed people like you make me soooooooooo angry....and scare/panic folk

WHY are you not reporting about how many children are being kidnapped daily by HUGE Haitiano Criminal Gangs in the Caribbean & D.R. regions..-just to sell their organs...-NOW, eventually reported in the D.R Media in the past 2 weeks. (I have been working on that for months)

+ WHY are you NOT POSTING A NEW THREAD, about how incredible the D.R. is..in being the FIRST country in the world, blocking anyone from any 'Suspect' Country, that may carry the EBOLA infection...???

I always respect windeguy's comments on DR1.+ .his response to 1 responding comments on your thread:

'Al-Qaeda is here?'

... is sooo incredibly apt: =
More like El Estupido.

You, donP, are NOT well read, nor well informed...

Al Qaeda are NOT the biggest threat in the world today, nor is ISIS, ISIl, nor are jihadists

If I were a Mod on this site, I would either change the title, to make it a more informed title, or simply close this darn thread..

It most certainly would make it a more interesting discussion

JMPO

NB: THERE WAS NO BOMB in the Malecon.. Nor was there a Bomb in La Mulata1 in the last few days folks..

It was just something that happened there within the "Missionary Project",,,when Ambulances/Police responded, -very fast..

I REPEAT donp, STOP scaring people, if you and others think the DR is a more dangerous country, than where you come from.. go back to 'were ye come from'...

Simple as that....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
LB, If you weren't so worried about the DR then you would be able to laugh these things off, the fact that you are able to get so wound up about the title of a thread speaks volumes. It is not as though people will read a title and then run to the airport without packing bags, jump on the next flight never to return. More likely they will read the thread no? lol, who is the drama queen here!

And I have to agree with Frank, the DR is not comparable to anywhere else I have lived, from West Africa to the Middle East and Europe, Australia etc. The one word that can sum Dominican Republic up best is Crass. Bombs are the only thing that I am pretty sure I can brush off as not happening for any reason any time soon, people are not politically driven, there is no backbone to society, certainly a hypocritically religious society, nothing worth fighting for or changes to be foreseen. And so, I can be pretty sure there will be no bombings in DR, not unless it's a bomb fire of which there are many in strange unfounded riots (or as I like to call them, barrio bordom).

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
LB, If you weren't so worried about the DR then you would be able to laugh these things off, the fact that you are able to get so wound up about the title of a thread speaks volumes. It is not as though people will read a title and then run to the airport without packing bags, jump on the next flight never to return. More likely they will read the thread no? lol, who is the drama queen here!

And I have to agree with Frank, the DR is not comparable to anywhere else I have lived, from West Africa to the Middle East and Europe, Australia etc. The one word that can sum Dominican Republic up best is Crass. Bombs are the only thing that I am pretty sure I can brush off as not happening for any reason any time soon, people are not politically driven, there is no backbone to society, certainly a hypocritically religious society, nothing worth fighting for or changes to be foreseen. And so, I can be pretty sure there will be no bombings in DR, not unless it's a bomb fire of which there are many in strange unfounded riots (or as I like to call them, barrio bordom).

very insightful post, HUG. if Dominicans were sufficiently motivated to build bombs, they would long ago have refused to vote for the chaff that passes for political aspirants. Dominicans are apathetic, and would never go through the necessary machinations to affect the political and social processes by extreme measures. it was just a coincidental collection of garbage. i mean, how did some police officer just happen to stumble upon it, and put the pieces together? and why did it happen right after the metro backpack firecracker? a hoax, plain and simple. almost comical, if you think about it.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Ladybird, of all the 6 countries I've lived in the DR was the most dangerous by far. What I've seen in the DR I've never seen in any other places

Go check out Trinidad or St. Vincent. Ever been to Venezuela or Margarita Island? I walk around at night in POP, but never in these places. Keep your wits here, and you'll be fine. Other places? Dead meat.

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
If on the picture in the news paper is really the "bomb" that police has found and the bottles containe gasoline - my assumption that it is a fire starter. It will probably have an impact but not as destructive as plastit (C-4) with shrapnel.

It is scary that such "technology" is coming to DR.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
People have been torching competition forever, even in DR. Just getting a little more high tech these days.

Franco 66

Aug 1, 2013
My Girlfriend wanted to make me Sanconcho

She borrowed a pressure cooker and then complained about the fact it was leaking from the top.
I plugged the leak and returned to the balcony for my Presidente and deep thoughts.
About half an hour later there was a small explosion,my Sanchoco was on the wall and ceiling and my girlfriends hair was ruined.She was ok but could have been burnt,and one trip to the Salon and all was right with the world.
DR is a very dangerous country..Cuidate

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004

She borrowed a pressure cooker and then complained about the fact it was leaking from the top.
I plugged the leak and returned to the balcony for my Presidente and deep thoughts.
About half an hour later there was a small explosion,my Sanchoco was on the wall and ceiling and my girlfriends hair was ruined.She was ok but could have been burnt,and one trip to the Salon and all was right with the world.

Sounds like neither of you know how to use a pressure cooker. what happened to the top weight that you use to let the pressure off. you would never plug the top opening!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Sounds like neither of you know how to use a pressure cooker. what happened to the top weight that you use to let the pressure off. you would never plug the top opening!!!

my BIL did not put a lid on his pressure cooker properly and it exploded burning his face and hands. just before his wedding too. superficial and small burns, luckily, but he did not look good. personally i prefer just normal pots. pressure cookers make me feel uneasy.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012

If the pressure cooker was leaking from the top it could've been that either the stove was on too
high causing the liquid to come to the surface or there was too much liquid in the pot thus causing an overflow.

Don't blame the entire country for personal mistakes made. :)

I happen to own one and have used it for years with no mishap.

Status
Not open for further replies.