Need the Best Moving Company fro NY to DR

cocoleka

Sep 7, 2007
Well, we are finally permanently moving to Santiago! Its been a long time to prepare for this (4 years).
Can anyone recommend an honest, experienced moving company who is knowledgeable specifically about moving from NY to the DR?

Personal experience you've had would be the best lead, but I happy to hear any opinions/ideas at all.

Thanks

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I did it myself... Benchmark Export.... 40 ft container (or 20')... Hispaniola freight on the RD end

THey get your the container... you or a mover , packs it... it arrives here and Hispanola takes ti from there

cocoleka

Sep 7, 2007
Thanks guys for the useful responses. My exact situation is that I'm married to a Dominican citizen, so we're looking to take advantage of the which allows reduced duties on our car. I'll definitely try to locate Benchmark and Hispanola, but if there any other recommendations anyone has I'd love to hear. We're really at that stage and want to move forward with the arrangements.

As an aside, does anyone know if its possible to bring down my custom knife collection?
Or my 18 inch tactical shotgun under my bed?

Thanks again--this forum has always been a great resource.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
shotgun might be a problem... knives = no..
scuba gear from a neighboring island for the gun

think Bond.... James Bond

cocoleka

Sep 7, 2007
I didnt think I could bring either knives or the shotgun, so thanks for that info.
Does anyone have any more recommendations for moving companies for the NY to DR transfer?
I'd like to find a company experienced with the regulations and necessary paperwork for the car shipment and any other DR-specific issues. Thanks for all your help!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Talk to Hispaniola Freight in Sto Domingo... they have a website

depending on the amount of furniture, a mudanza might be a solution. Many do cars search 'mudanza'

don't be daunted, a returnung Dominican or new resident is a relatively straight forward process

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
u could break the choka down and ship it to a licensed dealer in santi...