New car dealership near La Romana

Muaser

Oct 19, 2014
Locals (and people that live her long enough to be considered as ones),
as the second part of this.
Could you recommend me a new car dealership near Casa de Campo? I don't really care about the brand. Any good place to buy a brand new small SUV.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Don't know much about La Romana, but there are several new car dealers in Higuey. I bought an SUV from Amable Motors there. They sell Kia, Nissan, and some others there. They will match the legitimate price of any dealer in SD. Ask for Luis if you go there.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
IMO, Sto Domngo and Moca are the two places to shop cars ( altho Cotango bought out that way, perhaps)

Moca is too far for you....

SD will deliver to you.... just one trip to buy,,,, arrives at the door.

Good selection in SD
Like Greenwich CT..... lots of 'ricos' who flip cars regularly..
low miles, well maintained

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
great guide to get the pricing straight

and yes (or no) , they don't come off the price much

but at least you know if they're asking too much

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
When I bought a car in HIguey, I took a copy of the price and car I wanted to the dealer. A new car. He quoted me a price that was 1K higher. I showed him the copy and he matched the price.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
By far the best place to buy a Suv close to la Romana is Viamar Motors in Higuey ,,dealers of Ford and Kia and Mazda... They are as honest as you will find in this business and give very good service,, just need to drive there for a service andread abook for 30 munutes ,,thoroughly recommended

palmiche53

Dec 17, 2012
Do not forget to get your vehicle history if car is imported from the US. VinAudit.com - Carfax Report Alternative, Free VIN Check, NMVTIS Vehicle History charges less than $5 for a complete
vin history report. Also buy via ebay one of those pens that will check the vehicle's paint density to pinpoint body damage. Most cars imported from the US are salvage/junk or very high mileage. Buying a good used car in the D.R. is like buying a circus and hoping that the midgets will become taller.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Do not forget to get your vehicle history if car is imported from the US. VinAudit.com - Carfax Report Alternative, Free VIN Check, NMVTIS Vehicle History charges less than $5 for a complete
vin history report. Also buy via ebay one of those pens that will check the vehicle's paint density to pinpoint body damage. Most cars imported from the US are salvage/junk or very high mileage. Buying a good used car in the D.R. is like buying a circus and hoping that the midgets will become taller.

most cars imported from the US are not junk. cars with salvage titles are not allowed in the DR. most are cars bought at auction, generally off lease vehicles.

i understand the problems of buying a used car in the DR. that is why i have an ad in the classified section of DR1 offering assistance in buying such a car.

Muaser

Oct 19, 2014
palmiche53, I'm going to buy a new one. So I don't care much about paint and salvage.