Health problems in the Dominican Republic

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
My wife has been suffering from severe constipation, cramps and abdominal pain while living here.

Can anyone suggest what this may be attributed to?

We only drink bottled water. Can it be food, does anyone know of others who suffer from this condition?

Any advice is appreciated.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
sooner or later , you'll need a stool sample

parasites can constipate as well as stimulate

water isn't the only source of problems

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
only a doctor can tell you. it may not be DR related (as in not parasites). irritable bowel syndrome has those symptoms too. blood and stool tests will tell more about parasites/bacteria. ultrasonography will determine whether this issue is not related to some gynecological problems. it may also be food allergies. just get it tested, that's all.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
one thing for sure, all of us, whether we know it not, are carrying something from here

the tropics will do that to you

we check regularly at the clinica..... just to be safe

Infermera dv8 is right....check it somehow

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
My wife has been suffering from severe constipation, cramps and abdominal pain while living here.

Can anyone suggest what this may be attributed to?

We only drink bottled water. Can it be food, does anyone know of others who suffer from this condition?

Any advice is appreciated.

Obviously a Doctors checkup to rule out potential serious issues such as IBD related. Otherwise if its diet related and the pain and cramps are a side effect from the constipation, then a natural remedy may be worth a try. There are many juicing recipes that could help the constipation and maybe cleanse any toxins at the same time.
Disclaimer: I am not a Doctor so its just my two cents. I have had IBD (Irritable bowel disorders) for 20+ years so have home studied and read, and tried more than most nutritionists and Doctors on such topics. Early on I tried Doctors meds but that only made things worse and many ugly side effects. Natural route has been my savior! Constipation - Juice Therapy

Aug 6, 2006
Parasites enter with food, especially meat. You need to have her checked out with stool samples and such. It is curable, but it will not cure itself alone.