Dentists in the DR that use laughing gas.. n20o2

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
My wife went to dental cibao for all of her treatments and said she had no pain but I have a lot of work to do and am an absolute wimp.. If I can't find a dentist that offers laughing gas I'll probably rather just take a flight to the US to get my work done.. has anyone seen any dentists here that offer it?

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Do not agree Tom. I am using Dental Cibao and I can assure you it's as good if not better than anything I could get back home in Ireland or the UK.

If you are able to have work done in the US then do it. The DR is not the place for quality work. It is the place for cheap work.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you are able to have work done in the US then do it. The DR is not the place for quality work. It is the place for cheap work.

Please give specific examples of why you think this is true.

If you don't have multiple example, don't comment, as then it's just an unsubstantiated opinion or personal grudge.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
good dentistry is important

Dentistry in the British Isles does not have a good reputation.

Do not agree Tom. I am using Dental Cibao and I can assure you it's as good if not better than anything I could get back home in Ireland or the UK.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
sheet ive been to expensive well known dentists in n.y.c. ok good but in the 80's the price went way high....my dom. dentist went to school in states. and cuba..well know...works hard...has good prof. standards...and his rep. tops...sure they got terrible dentists in d.r. same as they do in all places....

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Please give specific examples of why you think this is true.

If you don't have multiple example, don't comment, as then it's just an unsubstantiated opinion or personal grudge.

My experience was at Dental Ciabo. I had a crown re glued. The dentist did not clean the crown before reseating it. The dentist did not do a dry-fit (no glue) before gluing it. The result was that it was placed incorrectly. To correct that it was necessary to grind off part of the crown so it did not hit other teeth when I closed.

I have had crowns reseated many times in the US without that problem.

The dentist was educated in Mexico.

It was cheap and I got what I paid for.

Robert although you reported good experiences with Dental Ciabo your opinions cannot be considered objective because they are one of your clients. In addition, I have missed your describing similar US experiences for comparison

I seldom express unsubstantiated opinions here and no one pays for my positive reviews. I have no grudge just facts.

In general, medical care in this country is poor. Yes, I have experience at HOMS too. With the exact procedure in the US. Same recommendation applies.

Tom Meyers
Tomm@desktop-concepts.com
829-877-2111
#33 c/8a
El Dorado II
Santiago, DR

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Im not the only person to receive excellent care at Dental Cibao, read the comments by many other posters. Are these not objective opinions?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
My experience was at Dental Ciabo. I had a crown re glued. The dentist did not clean the crown before reseating it. The dentist did not do a dry-fit (no glue) before gluing it. The result was that it was placed incorrectly. To correct that it was necessary to grind off part of the crown so it did not hit other teeth when I closed.

I have had crowns reseated many times in the US without that problem.

The dentist was educated in Mexico.

It was cheap and I got what I paid for.

Robert although you reported good experiences with Dental Ciabo your opinions cannot be considered objective because they are one of your clients. In addition, I have missed your describing similar US experiences for comparison

I seldom express unsubstantiated opinions here and no one pays for my positive reviews. I have no grudge just facts.

In general, medical care in this country is poor. Yes, I have experience at HOMS too. With the exact procedure in the US. Same recommendation applies.

Tom Meyers
Tomm@desktop-concepts.com
829-877-2111
#33 c/8a
El Dorado II
Santiago, DR

Thanks for your review Tom, not sure why this thread became a pro/anti dental cibao thread but anyways, my wife had 6 root canals and 6 crowns placed there and it was fantastic. I had the same procedure done in the US 15 years ago so I can't really comment if it was better or not. She's had the teeth done for like 5 months now with no problem so I guess we'll see what comes of it.

We're overall really happy with the treatment now if I just had the balls I'd have mine all redone..

Now.. back to the thread.. has anyone seen a dentist that uses laughing gas!!!?>! lol

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
My wife went to dental cibao for all of her treatments and said she had no pain but I have a lot of work to do and am an absolute wimp.. If I can't find a dentist that offers laughing gas I'll probably rather just take a flight to the US to get my work done.. has anyone seen any dentists here that offer it?

I don't know, you can't be a bigger wimp than me when it comes to the dentist. Go to Dental Cibao, something about that place and the people makes you relax. I posted in another thread about finishing up a year and a half of serious, serious dental work. Looking back I wish I would have found out about Dental Cibao years ago. No matter what, if you need some serious work there will be some pain involved, but the end result is well worth it.