The Effects of LaRoca -AAAS Thrift Store

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
The Team have been asked to post this about the AAASosua Thrift Store which was in the same block as LaRoca.

You may or may not be aware but last night around 9 pm on Sunday 2nd , La Roca was on fire.

This morning around 8:15 am an AAAS representative paid a visit to the Thrift Store to determine if there had any damage (smoke or otherwise).
We did not suffer any damages at all so it is business as usual. The businesses next to us didn?t fare as well.

IMG_2737_zpsaf33a8bb.jpg

The AAASosua Thrift Store is open and has good new stock. AAASosua express thier concern to the owners of LaRoca and hope all will turn out all right!

Olly and the Team

Jul 28, 2014
The Team have been asked to post this about the AAASosua Thrift Store which was in the same block as LaRoca.

You may or may not be aware but last night around 9 pm on Sunday 2nd , La Roca was on fire.

This morning around 8:15 am an AAAS representative paid a visit to the Thrift Store to determine if there had any damage (smoke or otherwise).
We did not suffer any damages at all so it is business as usual. The businesses next to us didn’t fare as well.

IMG_2737_zpsaf33a8bb.jpg

The AAASosua Thrift Store is open and has good new stock. AAASosua express thier concern to the owners of LaRoca and hope all will turn out all right!

Olly and the Team

You guys sell that mask yet?

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
On my regular strolls around the metropolis I walk past La Roca and I am always impressed by the fragrant emanations of stale urine and decaying excrement overlain by notes of mildew and feral scents which issue forth from this historic edifice.

Maybe now they will be a different aroma, maybe a gently toasted fragrance to titillate my olfactory organ?

I really hope they now have good reason to pull it down. We won't miss anything in my opinion.

May 29, 2006
Ahh.. took me a bit to recognize the storefront. Haven't been to Sosua for ages. That's Checkpoint on the left? I remember that pointy hedge..

Aug 6, 2006
On my regular strolls around the metropolis I walk past La Roca and I am always impressed by the fragrant emanations of stale urine and decaying excrement overlain by notes of mildew and feral scents which issue forth from this historic edifice.

Maybe now they will be a different aroma, maybe a gently toasted fragrance to titillate my olfactory organ?
========================================================
Thrift stores serve a useful purpose: they raise money for good causes, they provide a way for poor and thrifty people to own things they otherwise could not afford, and the empty the closets of excess stuff.

There are products that erase the funky smell that thrift shops used to have, and the smell of rotted lettuce and putrid chicken that was characteristic of Latino supermarkets and that some stores in the DR and the rest of Latin America still have.

Surely said products are available in the DR. There are supermarkets in the DR that must use them, since they do not stink.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I think he meant the smells came from people living in la roca not from the thrift store

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
GuilleroRamon -

The Team has checked with AAAS Thrift Store and the Carnival Suite has been soln. and they thank the generous person that puchased it!

If you want up to date info on the Thrift Store check out the AAAS Facebook page.

Olly and the Team