Free Rottie Mix Pups

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Some of you may remember that our rotties had a litter in March, and the mother went septic and her milk killed all but two of the pups. She then broke her hip falling off a chair, and we took her to SD for surgery. Vet said it was unlikely she'd live. We thought about putting her down, but she's such a fighter that we decided to take a wait and see approach. We did fix the male rottie before we left, but she was too weak for spaying, and vet didn't recommend the 'birth control' shot because she was in such bad shape.

Well, within about two months she bounced back and was doing great.

In September we get a call from the caretaker telling us that she was digging holes all over the back of the property, and big surprise, we have a litter of puppies, 9 of them. No one even knew she was pregnant. No one knows who the male is, as ours is fixed. He also doesn't let any other dogs onto the property, so we think she must have snuck out, the little slut :)

Long story short, the pups are thriving, about half of them look like her, other half look mixed with who-knows-what.

They're available for adoption, free of charge. Our house is west of Santo Domingo about 40 minutes [if you know where Playa Najayo & Playa Palenque are, in that area].

I'm trying to get some photos, when I do I'll post them. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Felicidades",...."Mami Y Papi"!!!!!!!!!
I have a "Rottie Mix" and she is a JOY, as are all her "Ninos"!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Some of you may remember that our rotties had a litter in March, and the mother went septic and her milk killed all but two of the pups. She then broke her hip falling off a chair, and we took her to SD for surgery. Vet said it was unlikely she'd live. We thought about putting her down, but she's such a fighter that we decided to take a wait and see approach. We did fix the male rottie before we left, but she was too weak for spaying, and vet didn't recommend the 'birth control' shot because she was in such bad shape.

Well, within about two months she bounced back and was doing great.

In September we get a call from the caretaker telling us that she was digging holes all over the back of the property, and big surprise, we have a litter of puppies, 9 of them. No one even knew she was pregnant. No one knows who the male is, as ours is fixed. He also doesn't let any other dogs onto the property, so we think she must have snuck out, the little slut :)

Long story short, the pups are thriving, about half of them look like her, other half look mixed with who-knows-what.

They're available for adoption, free of charge. Our house is west of Santo Domingo about 40 minutes [if you know where Playa Najayo & Playa Palenque are, in that area].

I'm trying to get some photos, when I do I'll post them. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

I hope you find good homes for the pups - am sure they are adorable whatever they are mixed with!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
There are 5 pups left - four males and one female. Three of them look rottie like the mother, and two are brown.

FREE to a good home.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Damn, I would have gladly taken one but it is impossible to get down to Santo Domingo from Cabarete at the moment. I hope that they all find good homes.