Malta Bohemia

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
As if things weren't tricky enough for newbies here, we now have a soft drink that looks like beer.

I saw some gringos trying to buy a whole load of the new Malta Bohemia in Bombita this morning, thinking it was beer....jajaja

10 'beers' later:

'hey, this Dominican beer aint so strong!'

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It's malta, NOT a new drink, in fact been around as a nutritional supplement for 100 years.

nispero

Nov 7, 2014
a soft drink that looks like beer.

Malta Bohemia - didn't see that one before. I liked Malta India, when i ordered it accidently.

Missing out on some alcohol isn't that dangerous, the gringos might survive that.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Would it be accurate to say that these malta beverages are akin or similar to non-alcoholic beers at home? Beer taste with like .3 alcohol content?

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Would it be accurate to say that these malta beverages are akin or similar to non-alcoholic beers at home? Beer taste with like .3 alcohol content?

No, not even close, it tastes like a real strong root beer....you should try one, I prefer the Malta India, but the Malta Bohemia is pretty good too.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
That's good to know, thx. I will try one. Not sure I want to buy six but we'll see what opportunity presents itself.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Mix in some sweetened condensed milk, NOT "Leche Carnation!.
THAT is HEAVEN!!!!!!
All the Cervecerias make "MALTA"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Mix in some sweetened condensed milk, NOT "Leche Carnation!.
THAT is HEAVEN!!!!!!
All the Cervecerias make "MALTA"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Never tried it that way. Just saw on Wikipedia that it is common. Funny that I have never seen it like that even when I lived full time in the DR.

Malta (soft drink) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Malta is like a beer that has not been fermented. It is similar in color to stout (dark brown) but is very sweet, generally described as tasting like molasses. Unlike beer, ice is often added to malta when consumed. A popular way Latin Americans sometimes drink malta is by mixing it with condensed or evaporated milk.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Never tried it that way. Just saw on Wikipedia that it is common. Funny that I have never seen it like that even when I lived full time in the DR.

Malta (soft drink) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Malta is like a beer that has not been fermented. It is similar in color to stout (dark brown) but is very sweet, generally described as tasting like molasses. Unlike beer, ice is often added to malta when consumed. A popular way Latin Americans sometimes drink malta is by mixing it with condensed or evaporated milk.

condensed milk, an egg, and a touch of vanilla and nutmeg...great stuff.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you have never tried "Malta",...."MIXED" you SHOULD!!!!!
It is a different animal!!!!!!!!!
Kind of like a sweet molasses milk shake!!!
"ICE COLD" is a MUST!!!!!!
Throw in a BIG scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you DARE!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If you have never tried "Malta",...."MIXED" you SHOULD!!!!!
It is a different animal!!!!!!!!!
Kind of like a sweet molasses milk shake!!!
"ICE COLD" is a MUST!!!!!!
Throw in a BIG scoop of vanilla ice cream, if you DARE!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

thanks for the hint. Helados Bon, here i come!!