Need place in Santo Domingo. Arriving 15. Nov to 14. Des

maggisam

Dec 28, 2013
We are 2 friends looking for a 2 bedroom apartment or 2 rooms at the same place fx a apart hotel.
we have a budget of upto 500$ per person. So if there is a entire apartment we could afford 1000$ MAX.

We will arrive in Santo Domingo Nov 15 and leave again Des 14. 2014

We would like to be near or in the colonial zone.

Aircon is a plus.

Clean and nice is a must :)

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
30 nights, 2 rooms, so 60 room nights. $16.66 per room per night. There is no way that you will get any type of hotel for that in the Colonial Zone, even the very worst nastiest hotels charge US$30 per room per night. The hostels where 14 people share a dorm charge US$20 per bed-space per night.

I recently had a guest staying in my hotel who wanted an apartment, we looked at quite a few, nothing at all in the Colonial Zone for under US$1200 a month for a one-bedroom, and eventually he went to an aparta hotel in Piantini which was US$1600 for a one-bedroom for a month.

I honestly don't think you are being realistic with your budget. I would suggest that you're going to need about US$1800 minimum, preferably US$2000 for a nice 2-bed apartment in a reasonable area, with A/C (assume this is included in the rent) and security.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
We are 2 friends looking for a 2 bedroom apartment or 2 rooms at the same place fx a apart hotel.
we have a budget of upto 500$ per person. So if there is a entire apartment we could afford 1000$ MAX.

We will arrive in Santo Domingo Nov 15 and leave again Des 14. 2014

We would like to be near or in the colonial zone.

Aircon is a plus.

Clean and nice is a must :)

I normally get an apartment on arzobispo nouel....it is an apart hotel...very clean ,good security and within your price range...pm me and I will give you the ladys number
there is no airconditioning in the apt that I get ...but really no need as there is plenty of breeze it is on the 4th floor with nice balcony and a roof top with plants

maggisam

Dec 28, 2013
Please, there is no need to be rude. I am just asking a simple question.

I have actually found option on Airbnb that are under or around my budget. The reason for posting here is that there might be someone here who knows someone local who rents out theyr condo/apartment.

Usually I try to avoid staying at hotels. And if I do, I pay per month Rate.

Also we have no problem staying in other areas...

I will propobly just end up, renting a Taxi and driving around to find an apartment.
Got a very nice 2 bedroom apartment, last time in Sosua for 500$

maggisam

Dec 28, 2013
hi Derfish,

Actually there is much easier to find a palce for me only for around 500$ fx. on Airbnb.
But finding airbnb that has 2 bedrooms is actually harder to find :) But I am sure, I will find something.

Hopefully I will have a few phone numbers from here to call, when I arrive. Then I can go and take a look :)

-
Magnus

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Please let us know how you get on. My client was also using Airbnb to find his room and he spent several days looking around the Zona Colonial, all produced nothing really worth having under US$1000. Your experience may be much better, so it would be helpful if you can share.