Anyone used Sprint's $5/mo service to call from the US to DR?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Has anyone used Sprint's service to call from the US to DR?

For $5/month Sprint lets you call mobile phones in the Dominican Republic from the US and PR.

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
I have Sprint and use there $15.00 International plan. No charge for land line calls, .10 cents a minute for cell phones, unlimited text. With the $ 5.00 plan there is a .02 cents a minute charge for land lines .10 cents for cell and .20 cents for text.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Well, now they have that $5/mo add-on and you get 500 minutes to land lines or cellphones. For new lines, they waive the $5 for the first year.

I also found out that AT&T has a $5/month international plan, where you pay $5/month and then all calls are $0.01/min.

I currently have vonage and their service is not great, so I'm paying $50+ for cellphone use, plus $40-$50 for Vonage.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, now they have that $5/mo add-on and you get 500 minutes to land lines or cellphones. For new lines, they waive the $5 for the first year.

I also found out that AT&T has a $5/month international plan, where you pay $5/month and then all calls are $0.01/min.

I currently have vonage and their service is not great, so I'm paying $50+ for cellphone use, plus $40-$50 for Vonage.

Do you have the Vonage International plan that includes DR land lines at no additional charge and has 250 minutes to DR cell phone calls per month? Since I am in the DR, it is the only plan I know of I could get that is similar since I cannot use AT&T or SPRINT here in the DR.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Do you have the Vonage International plan that includes DR land lines at no additional charge and has 250 minutes to DR cell phone calls per month? Since I am in the DR, it is the only plan I know of I could get that is similar since I cannot use AT&T or SPRINT here in the DR.

That's the one I have, but I've found that the call quality is not that great (at least not to cellphones). I can get Sprint or AT&T since I'm in the US calling to DR.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Let them know where they will be calling it's still available. Ask for the international text and calling plan. All of the major carriers have a plan

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Let them know where they will be calling it's still available. Ask for the international text and calling plan. All of the major carriers have a plan

Tmobile and almost everyone else has a plan for unlimited calling to landlines, but not to cell phones.

So when I call tmobile, what should I tell them? I called them yesterday asking if they had an addon to call cellphones in DR, and they said they didn't.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
@barker1964, if you have any info on what you posted before, please let me know.

Is there a link I can look at?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
T-Mobile offers something they call Stateside International Talk with Mobile. It gives you unlimited calling to 70 countries, including the DR, to landlines at a cost of $10.00 a month. For an additional $5.00 a month you can add calling to cell phones in 30 of those 70 countries. Unfortunately, the DR is not one of the 30 that you can call cell phones for free.

You can verify it here:

Calling Abroad | Stateside International Services | T-Mobile

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
T-Mobile offers something they call Stateside International Talk with Mobile. It gives you unlimited calling to 70 countries, including the DR, to landlines at a cost of $10.00 a month. For an additional $5.00 a month you can add calling to cell phones in 30 of those 70 countries. Unfortunately, the DR is not one of the 30 that you can call cell phones for free.

You can verify it here:

Calling Abroad | Stateside International Services | T-Mobile

Yes, that's what I've read. I just thought barker1964 knew what he was talking about. It seems barker1964 is just confused.