Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Unable To Withdraw Cash From ATM's

Both Sunday and today, unable to get cash out of Asociacion Cibao ATM and Banreservas ATMs-Transactions Cancelled-no cash dispersed and no cash taken from my bank account in the U.S.

Using a Schwab card-called them this morning and they said that all is normal and they have received no withdrawal requests over the last two days.

Went to Banesco ATM-that one said I was restricted from using the ATM.

Anyone else have this problem recently?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I can not use Cibao, nor Scotia, nor BHD, and I am sure others because of restrictions on where my foreign plastic is accepted. Even my Banco Popular card will not withdraw from Cibao, or my BHD from Banco Popular. If you have used them before then worth asking why now, but if never used before then no big deal.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried it selecting "Espanol" for language of transaction ??

4. Likes InsanelyOne liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot withdraw with foreign ATM cards at some ATMs by Banreservas and Asociacion Popular either ... it's some kind of weird setup they have. The transaction is cancelled by the ATM or local processing center, even before it reaches the foreign bank. Really strange.

@ charlise - I always use "Spanish" language... no it does not work either way

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Just normal, also on the counter. That's why I always bring 3-4 cards. Plus driving license b/c some banks want two Id's.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HUG View Post
    I can not use Cibao, nor Scotia, nor BHD, and I am sure others because of restrictions on where my foreign plastic is accepted. Even my Banco Popular card will not withdraw from Cibao, or my BHD from Banco Popular. If you have used them before then worth asking why now, but if never used before then no big deal.
    Thanks Hug for the reply-I have used these ATMs extensively for years without a problem, but then on Sunday this started to happen. It appears that the request for withdrawal is not even reaching my bank-maybe some network or server problem.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    I cannot withdraw with foreign ATM cards at some ATMs by Banreservas and Asociacion Popular either ... it's some kind of weird setup they have. The transaction is cancelled by the ATM or local processing center, even before it reaches the foreign bank. Really strange.

@ charlise - I always use "Spanish" language... no it does not work either way
    Yes, that is what is happening. It seems to just hang on the processing screen and then times-out and cancels the transaction-this is for Asociacion Cibao-For Banreservas, the ATM just cancels the transaction immedietely. For Banesco, it states that the card user is restricted from using that particular ATM.
    Last edited by jimmythegreek; 11-11-2014 at 07:36 AM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 345 View Post
    you are not allowed from doing so
    Well it states that at Banesco-The others Banreservas and Asoc Cibao just time-out and/or cancel the transaction.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Well it states that at Banesco-The others Banreservas and Asoc Cibao just time-out and/or cancel the transaction.
    I have had that time out error before when using Leon with my BP card, and I'm pretty sure this was an issue with Leon, as their ATM service at all machines is sluggish and with terrible ax withdrawals anyway.

I haven't had many issues of losing money through void transactions (I have had one or two though) but plenty of void transactions. I expect it, nothing works well enough to expect great service, even things we might take forgranted.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tashi Siu's Dad View Post
    Problems with ATM transactions are common, even in the the U.S. Mainland. US Bank had an ATM and Online Banking outage that lasted from Friday evening until Monday morning a couple of weeks ago. Couldn't even use their Debit Card to make a purchase at Wal Mart! Go figure...no one home at the help-line, either!
    This is not a temporary problem. Some Banreservas ATM I was using to withdraw money started doing this "thingie" (those that did not charge me a fee before). Now the only Banreservas ATM that work are those that want me to charge 220 pesos fee to withdraw a maximum of 2,000 pesos per transaction. right....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast