Samsung Gear S

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Was in the T mobile store and a guy next to me was buying the Gear S watch. When I heard the watch has its on SIM card and works independently of the phone I became very interested. Also found out its unlocked.

So does anyone have this device in DR or do you think it will work here? Would like to purchase it before I return.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I don't understand? Are you saying because it's not sold in a particular country it will not work in that country?

It is possible. Quad-band GSM devices will work pretty much anywhere, so make sure it is a quad-band GSM Gear S.

If it isn't quad-band, there are markets in the world where it will not work.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
specs for gear S:
Samsung Gear S - Full phone specifications
data regarding frequencies used in DR:
Bandas de Orange, Claro, Tricom y Viva | Linkeado

gear S should work with claro and orange. i know few people with previous version of this watch. i don't like it at all. to me watches need to be able to take certain abuse and have to be water resistant. i keep on hitting my watch all the time, cooking, cleaning, attending animals. if you are a very active person this gadget may not be for you either.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
specs for gear S:
Samsung Gear S - Full phone specifications
data regarding frequencies used in DR:
Bandas de Orange, Claro, Tricom y Viva | Linkeado

gear S should work with claro and orange. i know few people with previous version of this watch. i don't like it at all. to me watches need to be able to take certain abuse and have to be water resistant. i keep on hitting my watch all the time, cooking, cleaning, attending animals. if you are a very active person this gadget may not be for you either.

Well I purchased it, and so far I'm happy with it. While driving I received a call and didn't have to fumble with my phone to see who was calling just glanced at my wrist and said answer. Another time I left the phone in the house and used the watch.

One of the reason for buying it is for the active aspect of it, keeping track of my steps, heart rate etc, so if doesn't hold up I'll be upset and seeing the price when it goes down. Being an early buyer isn't always good, although I had a table of Women around me in NYC while showing off the features, got a number from one of them also. Jahaja

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
That is indeed my point.

Back in DR and it is working, but now the big question, will it work with a DR sim card? Have to take a micro sim and cut it down to a nano sim. Until then I will use my Tmobile sim (no data roaming fees) so can still receive text and alerts.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
wpid-photo-feb-11-2013-358-pm.jpg

Dick Tracy?s Watch: The Most Indestructible Meme in Tech Journalism | TIME.com