Happy Birthday, AE!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I thought that there would be a long thread about this already.. but no, evidently it has been hushed up. But today is our super moderators birthday!

thanks for all your thankless work with keeping us on track..

alter ego

many happy returns!

have another piece of cake on me!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
May you celebrate many more :bunny:

[video=youtube;/P8n7mHJBhmw]x[/video]

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Happy birthday and thank you for your patience and often judicious interventions. May you receive what you desire and what you deserve.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, was a pleasant surprise to see them today [I was already asleep when Annie posted the OP]

To those of you who do not know, I've had a bad couple of months. I went into the hospital for a knee replacement on 9/18, and all went well. Because we have a zillion steps in our home, they sent me to rehab afterwards. In that first week I had the misfortune to get an aide who either didn't care or didn't want to do her job, and it resulted in a bad fall when I was left alone in the shower. Tore my kneecap away from the tendons and muscles, and needed revision surgery - doc said it looked like a bowl of spaghetti in there. 'Painful' doesn't even come close to describing it - I will say that liquid dilaudid in my IV is scary stuff, but it works. For 6 weeks I've been in an ankle to hip brace, and can't bend my knee past about 30 degrees [and until I can, no airplane trips possible].

All this to explain why I was asleep so early :)

And why it was so nice to see the messages today. :)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, was a pleasant surprise to see them today [I was already asleep when Annie posted the OP]

To those of you who do not know, I've had a bad couple of months. I went into the hospital for a knee replacement on 9/18, and all went well. Because we have a zillion steps in our home, they sent me to rehab afterwards. In that first week I had the misfortune to get an aide who either didn't care or didn't want to do her job, and it resulted in a bad fall when I was left alone in the shower. Tore my kneecap away from the tendons and muscles, and needed revision surgery - doc said it looked like a bowl of spaghetti in there. 'Painful' doesn't even come close to describing it - I will say that liquid dilaudid in my IV is scary stuff, but it works. For 6 weeks I've been in an ankle to hip brace, and can't bend my knee past about 30 degrees [and until I can, no airplane trips possible].

All this to explain why I was asleep so early :)

And why it was so nice to see the messages today. :)

hurry up and get well, as soon as possible. i am beginning to miss our weekly trips to the tipico dance.

be well, and happy birthday.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Happy Birthday AE! You've been through a lot and these happy wishes on your special day
is bound to cheer you up! Here are some quotes or sayings that will brighten your day.

“Marriage is the alliance of two people, one of whom never remembers birthdays and the other never forgets them.”

“The best way to remember your wife’s birthday is to forget it once.” "I hope Mr. AE remembered." :rolleyes:

“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.”

“The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left.”

“And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”

We need a flamethrower instead of a lighter to light up all of your candles.
Hee hee hee, just kidding.:D