Tricom does it again!

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
After using Tricom Wimax here in Bavaro for quite some years, the end has come.
My modem was damaged and needed to be replaced.

Repair-guy came and told me he doesn't have another modem and I should look for another Internet-connection. :surprised

I sent an email to Tricom Servicio de Cliente, but of course no answer. :mad:

Now I have to bring back the defective modem to their "office" here, where there is nobody most of the time, and terminate the contract because they don't have spare parts.

They should remove the word Servicio from the Dominican dictionary along with the word Mantenimiento, so you won't make yourself any illusions...A-holes! :mad::mad::mad:

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
LOL, gotta love this place. My wife went to pay the cable yesterday, and also to get a new remote because the one we had stopped working. They told her she had to buy a new one, she said she didn't have to pay for the first one and asked why she would have to purchase a replacement. She paid the bill and left. When she got home, the cable was off. They shut off our cable because she refused to buy a new remote... Idiots!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
With CEPM offering Internet now I see the end coming for Tricom Wimax there in Bavaro...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I have it in Pueblo Bavaro with 3 mb since 5 month +. No problems so far.

They have a website: activa.do but it is to down atm... Dunno what is going on with that...

Downside is the contract is for 18 months with penalty if you want / need to cxl earlier...

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
LOL, gotta love this place. My wife went to pay the cable yesterday, and also to get a new remote because the one we had stopped working. They told her she had to buy a new one, she said she didn't have to pay for the first one and asked why she would have to purchase a replacement. She paid the bill and left. When she got home, the cable was off. They shut off our cable because she refused to buy a new remote... Idiots!

I have had local cable for years........no problem. Begining of 2014 they went cable/box/tnt thingy...... more channelsand better quality ( still have to squint though ).
Anyway they made users sign a contract for box and remote.
Last month or 2, when the luz leaves ( which is 70% pf the time, by the way......), so does cable tv........
Stuffed cables and remote and tnt box in a box and took it back down to the office.
Tried to convince me they are repairing inversor........ I dont wont to know.
They also tried to get me to pay 1000 pesos for terminating the contract......... hahahahahhaah, no way jose......

eastcoastmike

Jul 18, 2004
It's EVERYTHING in this country. If its not the cable company it will be a restaurant that brings you the wrong dish or a mechanic that has your car in parts and doesn't know what to do or your condo where everyone owns a huge yipeton but no one has 250 pesos to chip in and buy a new water pump for the building. You are dealing with uneducated, lazy people who I might add are selfish to boot. I hardly come down to The DR anymore. 3 days is enough aggravation for me. You will realize that there are many other places in the world where your money goes a lot further AND people appreciate your business.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Part 2:

So I give Tricom Servicio de Cliente another try, after 15 minutes somebody answers and tells me I have to change the defective modem in Higuey for a working one. I have absolutely no time to go to that sh**hole so I ask a friend to go there, make a poder and she went, calls me and tells me she has to go to La Romana because here in sh**hole...sorry Higuey they can't do that.
So she leaves for the other sh**hole and calls me that they don't have another modem......and then ask my friend why everybody from Bavaro with problems comes to La Romana.....

In a few days part 3.....