ANAMU - Natural Medicine

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
ANAMU- a medicinal plant... I am told it benefits people with Chikungunya. I have tried unsuccessfully to get this in SOSUA although I'm told it is available in Gasper Hernandez and Santiago.
I am also told it is available in tablet, pastel and natural forms.
If anyone from either Gasper Hernandez or Santiago is coming to Sosua in the coming days I'd appreciate it if you could get me some of this stuff (in whatever form is available) and I'll be happy to pay whatever it cost you... I have no idea what it costs but I'm guessing it's under 1000 pesos???
I'm in Sosua every day from 9am-5pm so I can access both Caribe Tours and Metro Bus Points within 5 minutes.
Please send a PM to me if you can help out.

Many thanks

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I hadn't heard of this, but I asked my wife about this. She told me that anamu is chewed along with tobacco and wrapped around a foot after a person steps on a nail to ward off infection. Some people she says brew the leaves into a tea but then added that she won't drink it. Called it malisimo. FYI, She says it stinks really bad. I have the ckikuncrap, and making a paste from papaya leaves (young tree) and having a spoon full reduced the swelling in my wrist and my fingers after two days. Good luck and let me know if it works.

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Anamu is sold in Santiago: Farmacia Jorge on Maximo Gomez & Avenida Espana behind la Sirena. The bottle is called Anamuler.

good luck!

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Anamu is sold in Santiago: Farmacia Jorge on Maximo Gomez & Avenida Espana behind la Sirena. The bottle is called Anamuler.

good luck!

If ANYONE is travelling from Santiago to Sosua over the next few days I'd really appreciate a few bottles of this stuff. Again I have no idea what it costs but I'll buy them. I can access both the Sosua Caribe Tours and Metro Stations within 5 minutes during 9am-5pm.
Please PM if you could help me out, a friend of mine is really suffering with Chikungunya .

Many thanks