Another Job Thread

javila

Mar 19, 2014
Hello!

I finally made the decision to move permanently back to DR and now I'm seeking STABLE employment. I've been here about three months and within a week landed a job at a call center. I'm already sick of it and want something else. I was a CNA back in the states and was in school for nursing. My field of interest is the medical field or customer service. I want some advice on where to look and what options I have here in Santo Domingo. please help. Or if you post the link to recent post about this topic that will be appreciated that as well.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
If you are prepared to take a wage cut and are legal and speak fluent then there is a possibility of landing something as a CNA, but could you really accept a wage cut. Although call centres wages are what many Doms aspire to, I couldn't see anyone intelligently taking a wage cut to a position that will not take you anywhere fast anyway. Which call centre are you at? Have you tried applying for any of the management positions. Although you will not be considered for those for another 6 months to a year at least, and very unlikely to get in unless you are lesbian lover of a line manager (don't ask, is unbelievable).

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Your only viable option is to start a company that provides a much needed service and sell that service to someone who can afford to pay - Govt. or Expats looking for home care nursing service etc. North Americans working here for DR companies/organizations are always underpaid, under utilized and are always very frustrated. Foreigners working here for foreign companies only fare slightly better.

If you are working to pad your retirement nest egg, this is not the place to be.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Hello!

I finally made the decision to move permanently back to DR and now I'm seeking STABLE employment. I've been here about three months and within a week landed a job at a call center. I'm already sick of it and want something else. I was a CNA back in the states and was in school for nursing. My field of interest is the medical field or customer service. I want some advice on where to look and what options I have here in Santo Domingo. please help. Or if you post the link to recent post about this topic that will be appreciated that as well.

Was it you who called me during Dinner?

"Dear Mr. Contango, this is just a courtesy call to see if you are interested in the all new Credit Card Assurance (insurance), that you totally DONT NEED"...