Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Best Pedriatician within Jarabacoa/La Vega/Santiago area

    Hi All,

    I will be moving to the DR within a month and my daughter will be 2 months old at that time. I wanted a recommendation of the very best possible pediatrician in this area.

    With that said, I've noticed these type of questions come up a lot on the forum (best cardiologist, gastro, etc.)...perhaps this forum could you a trip advisor sort of thing for doctors in the DR or something like that. Rate the facility, service, price, etc.

    Thank you all in advance!

  2. #2
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDReam View Post
    Hi All,

    I will be moving to the DR within a month and my daughter will be 2 months old at that time. I wanted a recommendation of the very best possible pediatrician in this area.

    With that said, I've noticed these type of questions come up a lot on the forum (best cardiologist, gastro, etc.)...perhaps this forum could you a trip advisor sort of thing for doctors in the DR or something like that. Rate the facility, service, price, etc.

    Thank you all in advance!
    Best by far in reputation is Robinson Abreu.. I know very prominent Dominicans that fly from the US to have their kids chcked by him. Presidents and other important figures have also used him for their children's needs. If anything serious was going on I would go to him also, he's been practicing for over 50 years and has the experience to know what's going on.

    He's in Clinica Corominas.

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sayanora View Post
    Best by far in reputation is Robinson Abreu.. I know very prominent Dominicans that fly from the US to have their kids chcked by him. Presidents and other important figures have also used him for their children's needs. If anything serious was going on I would go to him also, he's been practicing for over 50 years and has the experience to know what's going on.

    He's in Clinica Corominas.
    Thank you sayanora! Is he about to retire though? Just saying if has 50+ yrs of experience I'm assuming he's in his 80's...not being ageist but ideally is like to have a pediatrician between now and the next 15 yrs or so. Thank you for the info though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. Likes Criss Colon, Harleysrock liked this post
  5. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    18,114
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not to worry. HIs son will take over the practice (he raised my four, and many of my grandkids, too).

    However, there are several good ones here....Send me a privte mesge (PM) and I will get some names and clinics.

    Not dumb, just have nearly useless hands from Carpel surgery.

    HB (Not too active on boards, do play nicez)
    Moderator DR1.com

  6. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    26,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Not to worry. HIs son will take over the practice (he raised my four, and many of my grandkids, too).

    However, there are several good ones here....Send me a privte mesge (PM) and I will get some names and clinics.

    Not dumb, just have nearly useless hands from Carpel surgery.

    HB (Not too active on boards, do play nicez)
    Wow, I chickened out from my Carpel surgery. I hope you are having a good and full recovery. There are several competent
    pediatricians in Jarabacoa as well.

  7. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Wow, I chickened out from my Carpel surgery. I hope you are having a good and full recovery. There are several competent
    pediatricians in Jarabacoa as well.
    HB, I will PM you--thanks!

    Bob-do tell. I will be living in Jarabacoa so it would be ideal. I guess I always figure Santiago has the best doctors in el Cibao but if there are good ones in Jarabacoa, I would love to hear about them. thanks

  8. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    26,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDReam View Post
    HB, I will PM you--thanks!

    Bob-do tell. I will be living in Jarabacoa so it would be ideal. I guess I always figure Santiago has the best doctors in el Cibao but if there are good ones in Jarabacoa, I would love to hear about them. thanks
    Oh, without doubt the best are in Santiago, and better equipment as well, but it's 45 minutes to an hour drive. Do you require an English speaking doctor?

  9. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    Oh, without doubt the best are in Santiago, and better equipment as well, but it's 45 minutes to an hour drive. Do you require an English speaking doctor?
    Not at all. I'm Dominican American and so is my wife, we speak perfect Spanish. Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •