Best Pedriatician within Jarabacoa/La Vega/Santiago area

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Hi All,

I will be moving to the DR within a month and my daughter will be 2 months old at that time. I wanted a recommendation of the very best possible pediatrician in this area.

With that said, I've noticed these type of questions come up a lot on the forum (best cardiologist, gastro, etc.)...perhaps this forum could you a trip advisor sort of thing for doctors in the DR or something like that. Rate the facility, service, price, etc.

Thank you all in advance!

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Hi All,

I will be moving to the DR within a month and my daughter will be 2 months old at that time. I wanted a recommendation of the very best possible pediatrician in this area.

With that said, I've noticed these type of questions come up a lot on the forum (best cardiologist, gastro, etc.)...perhaps this forum could you a trip advisor sort of thing for doctors in the DR or something like that. Rate the facility, service, price, etc.

Thank you all in advance!

Best by far in reputation is Robinson Abreu.. I know very prominent Dominicans that fly from the US to have their kids chcked by him. Presidents and other important figures have also used him for their children's needs. If anything serious was going on I would go to him also, he's been practicing for over 50 years and has the experience to know what's going on.

He's in Clinica Corominas.

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Best by far in reputation is Robinson Abreu.. I know very prominent Dominicans that fly from the US to have their kids chcked by him. Presidents and other important figures have also used him for their children's needs. If anything serious was going on I would go to him also, he's been practicing for over 50 years and has the experience to know what's going on.

He's in Clinica Corominas.

Thank you sayanora! Is he about to retire though? Just saying if has 50+ yrs of experience I'm assuming he's in his 80's...not being ageist but ideally is like to have a pediatrician between now and the next 15 yrs or so. Thank you for the info though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not to worry. HIs son will take over the practice (he raised my four, and many of my grandkids, too).

However, there are several good ones here....Send me a privte mesge (PM) and I will get some names and clinics.

Not dumb, just have nearly useless hands from Carpel surgery.

HB (Not too active on boards, do play nicez)

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Not to worry. HIs son will take over the practice (he raised my four, and many of my grandkids, too).

However, there are several good ones here....Send me a privte mesge (PM) and I will get some names and clinics.

Not dumb, just have nearly useless hands from Carpel surgery.

HB (Not too active on boards, do play nicez)

Wow, I chickened out from my Carpel surgery. I hope you are having a good and full recovery. There are several competent
pediatricians in Jarabacoa as well.

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Wow, I chickened out from my Carpel surgery. I hope you are having a good and full recovery. There are several competent
pediatricians in Jarabacoa as well.

HB, I will PM you--thanks!

Bob-do tell. I will be living in Jarabacoa so it would be ideal. I guess I always figure Santiago has the best doctors in el Cibao but if there are good ones in Jarabacoa, I would love to hear about them. thanks

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
HB, I will PM you--thanks!

Bob-do tell. I will be living in Jarabacoa so it would be ideal. I guess I always figure Santiago has the best doctors in el Cibao but if there are good ones in Jarabacoa, I would love to hear about them. thanks

Oh, without doubt the best are in Santiago, and better equipment as well, but it's 45 minutes to an hour drive. Do you require an English speaking doctor?

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Oh, without doubt the best are in Santiago, and better equipment as well, but it's 45 minutes to an hour drive. Do you require an English speaking doctor?

Not at all. I'm Dominican American and so is my wife, we speak perfect Spanish. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk