Liquidation question

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
I did a search and did find some information from 2008. Good to check if there is any further info to help us.

We returned from a 5 month absence to find the grounds of our house in bad shape. Ok from the front so as not to be noticed but a mess in the back. We were also told that the gardener was not there most of the time. He was paid to work 2 days a week for the last year. He was fired (and we have a new guy).

We would like to know if qualifies for liquidation pay. Happy to pay if necessary but not too happy with him right now. Any thoughts? Thanks.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Pay up and carry on with your lives.... it just makes everything simpler! Can't be that much anyway.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
That is part of the reason I posted my question - I do not know how much and other than paying a lawyer for the information I do not know where to look. I know - forget about being screwed and just pay.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
The 'do I owe liquidation questionaire'...

1. Are you a gringo?
2. Did you pay a Dominican to do something for you?

If you answered yes to both these questions, go here and figure out how much you owe the fella.

Note, no other questions such as work quality, length of employment, fired or quit, job title actually matter.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
technically, my understanding is that part time employees do not qualify.... but its a moving target

The sure fire way to get off the proverbial hook is to report infractions to the Ministry/Work Office

Three infractions and you can sever w/o penalty or liquidation.

So they tell me.... after a BIG loss to an employee

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If he shows up with paperwork from the "Ministry of Trabajo" requiring a payment, pay him, otherwise, do nothing!
He didn't care about YOU, why should you reward him for THAT??????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there are different laws for domestic workers but given the situation i would just advise to pay and find someone else. if you are anywhere close to POP you can go to ministerio de trabajo office and they will calculate this for you and print the info, all free of charge. they are located behind the sunix station on manolo tavarez justo,the one closer to the hospital.

you can also calculate the liquidation here: :: C?lculo de Prestaciones Laborales ::
it's very simple. skip datos de solicitante, fill seleccion de fechas with start and end date. choose periodo de pagos (monthly, biweekly, weekly). then put last 12 salarios. include cesantia and salario de navidad. press on an icon of a calculator. done.