Aduana vs Couriers. Again?

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Got this today from Aeropaq:

---------------
Apreciad@ Cliente:
La Direcci?n General de Aduanas (DGA) ha realizado cambios en la forma de inspecci?n de los paquetes transportados a trav?s de los couriers, pasando de hacer inspecciones aleatorias a hacer inspecciones al 100% de los paquetes. Asimismo, si los paquetes no contienen las facturas, independientemente de que nosotros les entreguemos las facturas impresas a la brevedad posible, luego de haberlas recibido de ti, los paquetes son retenidos hasta tanto una comisi?n los eval?e y libere, no teniendo cantidad de d?as estimados para dicho proceso.

Este cambio de la DGA ha causado retrasos en las entregas, por lo que te solicitamos que hagas tus compras con m?s tiempo.

Nuestro mayor inter?s es que disfrutes lo antes posible de tus compras, por esto estamos haciendo todo lo que est? en nuestras manos, incluido imprimir y entregar a la DGA las facturas que nos env?as; para agilizar a?n m?s, necesitamos que realices el Pre Check-in desde que recibas el tracking number de tus compras, anexando la factura, para evitar que tus paquetes sean retenidos en aduanas.

Juntos podemos aportar a que mejore el proceso, demostrando que las compras por internet se realizan conforme a las leyes establecidas y que tanto el cliente como los couriers estamos en la mejor disposici?n de colaborar en ello.

Gracias de antemano y si necesitas informaci?n adicional no dudes en escribirnos al email servicioalcliente@aeropaq.com.
---------------

I don't have anything with Aeropaq right now, but EPS has a bottle of eye drops sent to me from Germany, and it's already 2 days in Customs.

As I remember, any Customs clearance longer than 6 hours for express shipments violates DR-CAFTA. Looks like the same problem again.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
service like encargopaq have an online page where you can upload your invoice if not present in the package, in this way no problem, since the package id not send until they have it ! Sure it will be the same for all courier companies

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
As you can see in this message from Aeropaq, now Customs started to inspect 100% of packages, and this makes huge delays. If they find the package without invoice, there will be even more delay.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
service like encargopaq have an online page where you can upload your invoice if not present in the package, in this way no problem, since the package id not send until they have it ! Sure it will be the same for all courier companies

I also send the invoices in an email attachment to the appropriate people at Enargopaq with a copy of the tracking number as I make purchases or upload the invoice on the Encargopaq web site if they miss connecting that email to a given shipment. Been doing this for a long time so really nothing new on that.

The new lack of expediency at customs may be in violation of existing trade agreements.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I had a box coming sent by my parents with some presents and baby clothes, arrived in Miami on Monday and stayed with status 'en aerolinea' until yesterday. They claimed the plane had been delayed. Yesterday it finally said 'recibido Aduana' and today I can pick it up. No invoice included (sent as presents).

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Any delays this week have to do with the Holidays in the DR on Monday, and the USA on Tuesday!

The DR Violating the DRCAFTA AGREEMENT yet AGAIN ?????????????????????????
Say it AIN'T SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Customs Attack the Couriers Again

Santo Domingo
The director of DGA, Fernando Fern?ndez, says that the country loses 17 million pesos daily because internet purchases are let into the DR without being taxed.
The case will be taken to the Supreme Court if the practice continues.

Z 101

donP

P.S.:
CPS has retained our shipment (value of 193 $) for almost 3 weeks now, although we have presented the ebay and the PayPal transaction documents.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I had a package held up for about two weeks, but after sending a copy of the invoice, Business Mail delivered it in three working days. It was well below the two hundred dollar limit, and no duties were charged.

b0ngz

Dec 4, 2014
Hello everyone. I've been searching all morning long on google about any changes to the Decreto 402-05 by Leonel Fernandez and landed on this page.

EPS is charging me:

price is in RD$:
010 LIBRAS 503.86
032 CARGO COMBUSTIBLE 97.11
060 IMP. ADUANAL 2,248.86
073 TASA SERV. ADUANA 20.54
250 SERVICIOS ADUANALES 472.00
255 PAGO ELEC. IMPUESTOS 75.00

for a package that includes three items under the 200USD$ mark. Amazon charged me separately but grouped both orders into one box. Package weights 4lbs and has a total value of USD$216.76.

Am I missing something or is EPS\Customs incorrectly taxing me ? The same thing happened to me last year with a PS3 + games and they removed the taxes upon receiving my complaint.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Once you go over $200 in one shipment, taxes are levied.

Important to stagger your purchases so that doesn't happen.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Once you go over $200 in one shipment, taxes are levied.

Important to stagger your purchases so that doesn't happen.

Does the $200 threshold include all shipping, gas surcharge, Aduana fees and sales taxes? So you need to make sure everything is under $200-the total?

Or only the price of the item listed on the invoice?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Shipment Via CPS Retained

Does the $200 threshold include all shipping, gas surcharge, Aduana fees and sales taxes? So you need to make sure everything is under $200-the total?

The price of the item + its shipping to your forwarder address (in Miami) should not exceed 200 $.
However, customs has retained our parcel (total value 193 US) for 4 weeks now and so far we were not given any reason for it.

It may well be that their argument is, that the item (a tablet) is worth more in the DR...

CPS says that they have several cases pending.

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
ONLY the cost of the item.
I ordered a Toshiba "Laptop", a Dell "PC", a 24 inch "PC Monitor", and some other "electronics from Amazon.com on 28 November.
They all arrived at EPS Miami within a few days time.
For the first time EVER, they were held up in Customs, for OVER a week.
They are now ready for pickup here at EPS Arroyo Hondo.
I can't say if it is only due to the holiday rush, but more likely a "Slow Down" by Aduana to "PUNISH" us for buying outside the DR!

THAT's the DOMINICAN WAY!!!!!!

My daughters are going to be VERY HAPPY!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
The price of the item + its shipping to your forwarder address (in Miami) should not exceed 200 $.
However, customs has retained our parcel (total value 193 US) for 4 weeks now and so far we were not given any reason for it.

It may well be that their argument is, that the item (a tablet) is worth more in the DR...

donP

I'm looking to buy a 24" Benq monitor through Amazon on sale for $129.99-Normal price is around $250. I plan on shipping it through EPS-Miami, but hearing this about your tablet is giving me second thoughts about the whole thing.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
ONLY the cost of the item.
I ordered a Toshiba "Laptop", a Dell "PC", a 24 inch "PC Monitor", and some other "electronics from Amazon.com on 28 November.
They all arrived at EPS Miami within a few days time.
For the first time EVER, they were held up in Customs, for OVER a week.
They are now ready for pickup here at EPS Arroyo Hondo.
I can't say if it is only due to the holiday rush, but more likely a "Slow Down" by Aduana to "PUNISH" us for buying outside the DR!

THAT's the DOMINICAN WAY!!!!!!

My daughters are going to be VERY HAPPY!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Something similar happened to me just last week with some walkie talkies-Only $39.99 Amazon and they were held up for two days in customs.

Feb 7, 2007
Hello everyone. I've been searching all morning long on google about any changes to the Decreto 402-05 by Leonel Fernandez and landed on this page.

EPS is charging me:

price is in RD$:
010 LIBRAS 503.86
032 CARGO COMBUSTIBLE 97.11
060 IMP. ADUANAL 2,248.86
073 TASA SERV. ADUANA 20.54
250 SERVICIOS ADUANALES 472.00
255 PAGO ELEC. IMPUESTOS 75.00

for a package that includes three items under the 200USD$ mark. Amazon charged me separately but grouped both orders into one box. Package weights 4lbs and has a total value of USD$216.76.

Am I missing something or is EPS\Customs incorrectly taxing me ? The same thing happened to me last year with a PS3 + games and they removed the taxes upon receiving my complaint.

Unfortunately I have seen this just last week at PickNSend Higuey, a customer was picking up a shipment where Amazon grouped two orders into one package. She got taxed big time!

An advise: use Amazon Prime, that way Amazon ships as soon as items become available
OR
use two different addresses (two different boxes, even at the same carrier) for different orders (e.g. Carrier-box AA101, and Carrier-boxAA272, etc.)

Feb 7, 2007

I was told that the recent invention of Aduana is to not consider the invoice price of a "special" (e.g. a coupon OFF), but rather the price the item sells for at the time of inspection. of course, not all items will be checked online, but they DO open all packages now (yes they really do open them all...) and if they are suspicious, they will recheck and audit.

Feb 7, 2007

donP

I have a $54 electronic item retained for 3 weeks now... even if you "add" Dominican markup, it ain't gonna reach 200 dollars
f**k the whole Aduana.

A message from "picknsend" today:
Y sigue comprando por Internet!!! No dejes que estas trabas aduanales te desanimen en continuar siendo libre comprando donde tu deseas y a un precio justo.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
I was told that the recent invention of Aduana is to not consider the invoice price of a "special" (e.g. a coupon OFF), but rather the price the item sells for at the time of inspection. of course, not all items will be checked online, but they DO open all packages now (yes they really do open them all...) and if they are suspicious, they will recheck and audit.

So if the list price of the 24" monitor is $249 and I have an invoice stating $129.99 before all taxes and other fees, then they are going to tax it at Aduana as if it has a value of $249?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Best to order one item at a time and wait for it to be shipped before ordering another. This for items close to the 200 limit.

But it ils obvious that Aduana is going to bust balls over here to try and get the whole under 200 thing stopped. Just a bunch of DR thieves like always.