Gym in Santiago with daily/weekly plans and a place to run outdoors...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I need a gym for the seven days I'll be spending in Santiago.

Any recommendations? What about Gold's Gym?

Also, is there an equivalent to Central Park in the city that has a loop utilized by walkers, joggers, and cyclists?

Thanks in advance.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
I always use Golds gym. They offer a weekly and daily rate with nice facility and equipment. Can't beat the location inside plaza international. Just need your passport to register.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Nice little park in central Los Jardines. Great for morning power walks. I stop and do push ups and dips. If your knees are OK , the steps at the monument area great way to get your sweat on.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Go with Gold's - daily there is 375 pesos, weekly ~1,400. For the park, I'd recommend PUCMM grounds - lots of joggers there in late afternoon.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Golds in Santiago is a great gym. Go in the late afternoon and the eye candy alone is worth the price of admission.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I've been to Gold's Gym on a previous trip, so I know the setup.

Do they still have the steam room? I need to sweat some lard off.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Not a big fan of that gym. They stopped me from deadlifting last time I was there.

Why did they do that? Do they have limitations in terms of what exercises a member can do?

Is there another gym you've been to in Santiago that you like better?

May 12, 2005
Why did they do that? Do they have limitations in terms of what exercises a member can do?

Not sure why? maybe because it is on the third floor and there are stores underneath? Or maybe it was too much noise, 315 doesn't go down quietly. I only worked out at 1 other gym in Santiago, BioFit which was next to the Platino. Have no idea if it is still there.

May 12, 2005

Not sure why? maybe because it is on the third floor and there are stores underneath? Or maybe it was too much noise, 315 doesn't go down quietly. I only worked out at 1 other gym in Santiago, BioFit which was next to the Platino. Have no idea if it is still there.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Need to keep up your strength Berzin? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Enjoy. I will join you on the next one. :)

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014

You posted this twice. Could you not lift twice 157,5 = 315? Just kidding. I will check out a gym in Gurabo one of these days and let you know.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

Deadlifts are one of the most dangerous exercises if the person doesn't know what they're doing and since the trainers at gold's gym probably don't have much experience it's better to just ask people not to do them.

The funny thing is I've seen more dangerous things there like Smith machine squats , smith machine deadlifts etc. The reason those are dangerous is because you're stuck into the machines range of machine and I've seen people get hurt real bad. It's just a better safe than sorry and a lack of in depth training.

There's some old school roid head gyms but they are all sorta run down.. sorta the same deal as the places in the US. You kinda have to know someone to know where they are but the places are hardcore. There's a small bodybuilder organization in Santiago and I only know this stuff because I paid a trainer for a while who was an amateur.

As far as a regular gym, Gold's is probably the best santiago has to offer, 375 per day is laughable though.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
What no one likes is the weight being banged down on the floor by guys trying to do more than they are capable of controlling. Golds gym is not an iron factory for guys grunting, groaning and pounding the floors. Its a foo foo gym for perfumed, made up girls and local biz guys trying to get in or stay in some semblace of fitness. You are just in the wrong place. The other part is that its a multi floor gym and you are not on the bottom floor. People are on floors below.