Dominicans outnumbering Puerto Ricans in New York

SteveK

Jan 23, 2011
It's not surprising..historically, in NYC, it's been a cycle where one ethnic group comes in and the other group leaves..
Wouldn't surprise me in a few years from now to read: "Mexicans or Central Americans now outnumber Dominicans in NYC".
That's what makes NY such a great city rich in so many cultures..

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I like the part that says "Dominican Women Living In NYC have High Birth Rates"!!!!!!!!

"Duh"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More babies equals ......"Mas Queso"!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
AND, Gangs, Drug Dealers, and Thieves !!!!!!

The article says it's due to the high birth rate of the dominicanas living there.
More Kids, More "Free Cheese"!!!!!!!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
my dominican worker jumped ship...he came to us on special visa and now his kids cant go... and his family is well off but not willing to pay the overage...too bad... he worked for me for 1.5 yrs...sent 20 cars to d.r.( lost all) and tries hard...

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
They are moving to NC now, bunch of Chopos.

Yesterday driving from work a Black 1998 Honda accord "Jukiao" made a suddent stop in the middle of the way right infront of me, guess what a young couple started to fight in the car... the guy jumped out of the car hardly slaming the door of the little junk and yelling bad words to his partner.

Guess what? I saw a Dominican flag hanging on the driver's interior mirror.

JJ

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Best Sight In The WORLD???????????????????????????
A Dominican swimming back to the DR,.......With a Haitian on his back!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
HEY WAIT A MINUTE,.....I Live in the DR!!!!!!!!!
"Swimming to Jamaica" then !!!!!!!!!!

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
In New York Puerto Rican and Dominican go together like coffee and cream. Just like Irish and Italian in Boston.
I think most people identify with the family that provides them the strongest bond. Geography matters. Not many Puerto Ricans migrate to DR. Civil status matters. Since Puertoricans are natural born citizens it makes sense to identify with that status as a child of an illegal or impermanent immigrant and a citizen.

I am not disagreeing with you. I have seen it a hundred times.

You would be surprised how many Puerto Ricans have Dominican parentage, but will never admit it. Read the link.

Minority Rights Group International : Puerto Rico : Dominicans