If Dominicans are Nazis because are deporting Haitians how do you call this?

May 12, 2005
I find all this quite ironic. The nations that yelled loudest about the DR's policy on Haitians do all they can to keep Haitians out of their country.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Frank ....Plain and simple you know it also. No one wants to deal with the illegal Haitian problem. They want the DR to deal with it.........ALONE.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
curious, I've worked in Nassau, Exuma, Inagua, and Andros. never noticed a significant haitian presence. Guess they kept a low profile. They would come to Inagua regularly and unload massive bags of charcoal from their rickety wooden ships.

Aug 6, 2006
There are a lot of Bahamians with French names. Immigration from Haiti to the Bahamas has been going on for some time.
The Bahamians as well as the Dominicans and the Americans of course have the right to refuse entry.
Lots of Virgin Islanders are descended from immigrants from Barbuda, Antigua, Tortola, Nevis and other former British Islands.

Immigrating from Haiti to the DR is of course easier and safer than joining 40 people in a tiny boat that was buolt of green lumber yesterday.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
I don't see Cubans tripping all over one another in a race to get back there either. What's your point?

I agree. I for one will never return to Cuba. The point is if life is better somewhere else why return. Cuba don't want Cubans back cause they can't afford for us/them to return. And your point?

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Missing my point. My only point is that the world and lots of liberals want the Dominican Republic to solve all of the issues in Haiti. Not going to happen

Aug 6, 2006
Missing my point. My only point is that the world and lots of liberals want the Dominican Republic to solve all of the issues in Haiti. Not going to happen

-==================================================
I don't think that what the DR does about Haitian immigration is in any way a Liberal/Conservative issue in the US. I think that both American Liberals and Conservatives do not want more Haitian immigration to the US, but both would be opposed to any inhumane method of deportation by the DR.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
-==================================================
I don't think that what the DR does about Haitian immigration is in any way a Liberal/Conservative issue in the US. I think that both American Liberals and Conservatives do not want more Haitian immigration to the US, but both would be opposed to any inhumane method of deportation by the DR.

Ok point well made. Now tell me in your opinion how is the Gov't of the Dominican Republic is to accomplish this. Cause in my opinion they are doing a way better job than most first world countries. They were given an opportunity to normalize their status. The issue now is the Haitian Gov't is doing nothing to help their own people seek a better life else where. The Haitian Gov't in my opinion if full of idiots. Think about this. If Haitians were to get their paperwork and normalize the remittance to the Haitian economy would help some. Look at what their president is trying to do to his own people.

Martelly’s plan to tax money transfers is very bad for Haiti | thediasporajournal

Please read.....I am in no way bashing Haiti just defending the Dominican Republic. Am I wrong for that?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Another problem is they come to use health services for free, using the money that has to go to all the poor Dominians, as poor as Haitians, but not body cares about the poor Dominians, women cross the border just to deliver babes, and a lot of them come for general treatments in Dominians public hospitals.

In Haiti more than 50% of the Haitians doesnt have any paper, they dont have documents in their own country and wants to fore Dominican Republic to give Dominican papers to every body that born here, and every body that want to come to get identification.

Dominican Republic is making a regularitazion plan where almost 100% of the people applying are haitians, taking the money from Dominian tax payer while Haiti is chargin money to the haitians to get the births certifiates and passport that they need to apply to the regularization plan.

There are a lot hipocrecy in all those those countries that says are helping haiti and has speach in favor or Haiti.

And the last thing is the Order that ICHR wants that we change our constitution so that way every body that born in Dominican Republic will be Dominican with no restriction like very few countries in the world, and based in a case where one guy was suplanting identification to declare his 2 haitian daughters in this side of the island, and where his 7 brothers accourding to his papers says that they doesnt know him, only one of them said know him as haitian living in a town close to the border.

We are also poor country, coming from Down, after 22 years of Haitian invation from the Dominian Republic they didnt left nothing here, closed all the university, banned spanish, religion and we could come from there to what we are now after we fight to send them back to their side of the Island.

Why they can not do the same, why all the countries can not help Haiti to come from Down but in Haitian territories, not trying to send Haitians to all countries and specially most of then is more easy and safe just pass the border and come to this part of the island, is more easy lo let Dominican Republic to do all the Job that is suppose to do every body.

Last edited:

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
im in favor of taxing the remit's......comeon,,family send money to haiti from n.y. is there any shortage of money in n.y.? not that i've noticed...
in fact the u.s. should tax the money going out...and if haiti wants to tax it coming in well , they(family) can send more...i do...if i have to send 300$ and it costs me 330$ to do it i send 300$... my bill has to be paid ,,,i pay...tax here tax there....