Popular local websites in DR that you find interesting?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
I tend to visit DiarioLibre.com and ListinDiario.com daily for news, but what other popular local sites can I visit that can be considered interesting? I've gone to Hoy.com.do, but I don't find it great.

Thanks.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I tend to visit DiarioLibre.com and ListinDiario.com daily for news, but what other popular local sites can I visit that can be considered interesting? I've gone to Hoy.com.do, but I don't find it great.

Thanks.

Dominican Today.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Dominican Today provides brief English language reports borrowed from the Spanish of other dailys. They lack professionalism but give you an overview what you may have missed in the Spanish language media.

It has a comment section but it is dominated mostly by trolls who have nothing good to offer to enhance the news releases.

Regards,

PJT

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Ditto what PJT said. That they use Google translate, or some other garbage translator says it all.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Ditto what PJT said. That they use Google translate, or some other garbage translator says it all.
Nope. They have a full-time staffer, a Dominican, who does the translations. I know him.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Whether it is a google translation or whether it is a human translator ,the news on DT is usually a very very badly precis of the original article and most of the accompanying comments ,usually by people living in the USA are bottom draw. The problem is the DR is that there are NO reliable news outlets ,,,Best to wait until about 2 and get some sort of news service here .

Feb 7, 2007
Arecoa.com - news from tourism sector in the DR
Reportur.com - news about Latam tourism, frequently involves DR related articles
Preferente.com - news about Spanish tourism, frequently involved DR related articles