Modest wedding dress - where can I get one made in the capital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elucidaisy

Dec 26, 2013
I'm looking for a modest wedding dress. (Sleeves, not too scandalous). I'd like to have one made, but I'm new to the capital and have no clue where to go for a nice one. Does anyone have any ideas or experiences with a good ddressmaker?

Also, does anyone know where I could rent a modest wedding dress? So far the ones I see are for a decent price, but they're a little showy for my taste.

Thanks in advance!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am going to go out on a limb and ask why he doesn't ask around for a dress shop.

The guy lives here in the DR, doesn't he? He has a family, probably knows lots of women (in his congregation).

I would think he would find the shop for you, and all you would have to do is go by and see what's available.

One of my employees has a wedding dress rental shop, but she's in Haina (West Santo Domingo). She is a Pentecostal as well, so her dresses are going to be fairly modest.

"in his congregation" jeez, JD, you are rough..

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
modest as in "low priced"? and where r u from that you couldnt bring one with you..???

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Although our OP isn't too interested in responding to anyone, I got rental prices.

Prices run from $2500 to $6000 pesos, depending on the dress. So, anywhere from $55 to $135 dollars.

She needs to know the size, which may or may not decrease the variety available to her.

How about it, elucidaisy? Are you a size 0, or a size 20?

Now you can be sure she won't respond (especially if she is more than size 10) :bandit:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I never would have posted again after the first reply. She did say the ones she has seen so far were a little too showy for her taste so she is reaching out to you wonderful people so be nice eh. ;)

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I was being nice. I'm sure she's a 0 or a 1, but the girl with the bridal shop said size would make a difference on what's available.

If the OP is a whale, there's not going to be many options available. (I'm not saying most girls that marry locals are whales)

And while we're talking about nice: Wouldn't it be nice if this thread wasn't such a one sided affair (did I just say that?) because so far she hasn't been nice enough to respond? :p

any chance of her replying was expunged when you interjected with the size question. she is outta here.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I was being nice. I'm sure she's a 0 or a 1, but the girl with the bridal shop said size would make a difference on what's available.

If the OP is a whale, there's not going to be many options available. (I'm not saying most girls that marry locals are whales)

And while we're talking about nice: Wouldn't it be nice if this thread wasn't such a one sided affair (did I just say that?) because so far she hasn't been nice enough to respond? :p

She finally found a modest dress which fits her :nervous:

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
wow..a lot remarks here are really misogynistic again..who gives a sh..if this woman is tiny or large..she asked for a wedding dress. If a man here would have asked where to buy a suit or tuxedo nobody would have even mentioned his weight or questioned his future wifes motives..

Status
Not open for further replies.