Vaping in Cabarete

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
I ve noticed tons of people have switched to electronic cigs here, Is that because its a place for younger , athletic types? I know yoga and surfing are big here. Maybe it's because I recently quit smoking and took it up myself . I got to say it works , if youre smoking cigs and tired of it try en estick. They re great , you can pick the level of nicotine to help curb the addiction, I ve already switched to no nicotine and dont miss it, plus I feel awesome I get the smoking and oral fixation. Any one else vaping? Let me know what brands or flavios you like as Im new to this, thanks

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Started using one over a year and a half ago, have not touched a cigarette since the day I started using one, and that is after more than 25 years of smoking cigarettes, (yeah yeah, stupid I know). I swear by these e-cigs and I am too am using 0 nicotine...I hardly ever use it, basically just when I go out now. I would advise any smoker to start using one. I am sure eventually some scientists will say that it is also bad for you, cancerous, but there is a song by famous British singer, Joe Jackson titled "Everything gives you cancer"!!!

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
I ve noticed tons of people have switched to electronic cigs here, Is that because its a place for younger , athletic types? I know yoga and surfing are big here. Maybe it's because I recently quit smoking and took it up myself . I got to say it works , if youre smoking cigs and tired of it try en estick[URL="http://estick.com/what

Concerning flavors I like strawberry kush and white rhino kush.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Well hey every time he puffs them its one less real one and one more day of life , it took me a while to stop cheating but if you give it a good go it catches on then it s even better and a real one is gross , thank God

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I wish all smokers would. We went to the Chinese restaurant in Cabarete for lunch yesterday. Almost every gringo had a fag on! Disgusting!

What's the etiquette these days? Do me, my wife and kids have to put up with smoke wafting over our dinner table, or do we complain and ask the smokers to stop?

We moved our table once, then another couple sat down to the table next to us and lit up as well!

We mentioned it to the waitress, who is always run off her feet there, she just agreed with us that's it's disgusting, but there were more smokers than non-smokers dining!

I wish all smokers would. We went to the Chinese restaurant in Cabarete for lunch yesterday. Almost every gringo had a fag on! Disgusting!

What's the etiquette these days? Do me, my wife and kids have to put up with smoke wafting over our dinner table, or do we complain and ask the smokers to stop?

We moved our table once, then another couple sat down to the table next to us and lit up as well!

We mentioned it to the waitress, who is always run off her feet there, she just agreed with us that's it's disgusting, but there were more smokers than non-smokers dining!

We move as well but they seem to follow us! One of our least favourite things about living here. The wife glares at them, lol.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

Agreed! This is one thing the gringo could learn from the Dominicans who rarely smoke. Smokers feel since they do not care about their own health and usually come up with some ignorant justification like "you could get hit by a car crossing the street tomorrow" yet sadly smokers are typically disrespectful of others so will impose their unhealthy stench upon us more intelligent types. Usually I try to combat this evil by eating overly spicy food and expel as much flatulence as possible upon these smelly yellow fingered smokers

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Any recommend brands of e-cigs ?? Preferably available in the dr ??? Any addresses ??

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Arriving in Puerto Plata turn North towards La Sirena at the triangle. Within 500 meters on the right is a place.Don't remember the name of the store, but his advertising is big and bold.
Der Fish

Arriving from imbert road or sosua??

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Does anyone posting on this thread know of a study that has been done on the effects of glycerin on the body when inhaled?? I can't help but wonder if these things are better or worse than smoking. I know they tell people they are inhaling water vapor, but the juice used in these devices use to be glycol and now they are using glycerin, so the water vapor thing just doesn't sound right.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
A year ago I spoke to an ex-wife in Florida. She, when I suggested these things assured me they had been studied in Colombia and found to be worse than cigarettes. Done in the same hospital than invented the stent for hearts that it took the American Medical Association 17 years to approve in the USA.

I'll look and see if I can find that Columbia University?? study and read it. I've not seen any studies that have been done on these things and it bothers me that corporations are making billions off of these things, and none of them show a single shred of evidence that they are safe for humans to inhale them. If anybody thinks that they are safe because they are sold in the US and Canada, and they wouldn't allow things be sold that are harmful to you, I'm putting.up the Golden Gate bridge up for sale tomorrow morning..

Thanks for the opportunity to post my 500th post with you Fish.. I didn't want it to be a ****ty meaningless post, and now it's not.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
HAaha Expat, well Im glad to see such inspired response maybe this thread will get a few of those inconsiderate resturant smokers to take un e-cigs at least in public for our and the kids sake thanks all

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Im curious how liberal is the Cannabis in the DR?

DO NOT, and I repeat even use the word, or any synonym with strangers, unless you want trouble.
420 is around but only through the right channels, a jay purchased from a bad source could cost you a few grand to make it go away.

Go to Jamaica or Colorado!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
what about hooker bars??? has anyone tried a hooker? is it good or bad???whats the cost...

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
what about hooker bars??? ...

Hookah Bars???

539w.jpg