Shipping Process: Spain to DR

Aug 21, 2007
Hope some of you long term residents can help me with this.

I have a small foundation in Sosua. We are in the process of becoming a legal non-profit in the DR, but we are not one yet.

A publishing company in Spain is donating books to our children's library. Initially, I gave them our Encargo Pac shipping address in the US, for the items to be forwarded on to the DR. Then, I wondered whether I would be responsible to pay duties in both the US and the DR.

Is there an easier way to do this? How does one go about shipping directly from Spain to a location in the DR?

Thanks for any wisdom you may offer.

Lindsey

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Lindsey, I received your email and will respond a bit later this morning. Need to do some checking first.

Aug 21, 2007
Thanks for the email, La Profe. I am investigating some of your suggestions.

If anyone else has experience sending/receiving shipments from Spain or if someone on this board knows someone living in the DR from Spain who may have some answers, please let me know.

Lindsey

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Vimenpaq offers a full Spanish service ie. a Spanish address and then shipped by air direct to the DR.

Aug 21, 2007
Thank you, jinty. I will check it out. Since the company is shipping books, I am not sure air is the answer.

Lindsey