Laptop repair in Puerto Plata

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Not having much luck trying to sort out my laptop by myself. Can anyone recommend a reliable technician in Puerto Plata?

I have tried four different ones over recent years, each worse than the last. I am not complaining that they didn't succeed, and I am certainly not complaining about the amounts charged, which were in all cases trivial or gratis. I have been baffled by their lack of knowledge, gung-ho attempts which sometime made a bad situation worse, inability or unwillingness to explain what they were attempting, and failure to keep track of items entrusted to them if for more than two days.

I did find one lad who had limited but useful abilities and was very conscientious, but he has gone off to be a policeman. Perhaps the low amounts they charge is the root of the problem. They don't stick around long enough to gain experience?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Have you tried Marco at Rocky's bar in Sosua. He is more software than hardware but has sorted out all my problems I have had with my laptops over the years.

Matilda

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If you don't mind driving to Sosua, look up Marco at Rocky's - he's the go-to-guy for a lot of DR1ers on the north coast.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Just buy a new one, that way you can start afresh, not be disappointed with someone's work and not have to report on DR1 how sh!tty certain peoples computer repairs are. And, great news, next week there will be Black Friday sales, probably at La Sirena in POP too.

Good Luck!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
only one: MARCO

Go early. he naps.

Do NOT touch a screen.

DO have breakfast or lunch there.

You will get the right answers.

HB

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Marco is absolutely reliable and good.

First shack on the left when in Rockies.

Bring your own chair. Do not touch anything. Expect talking at a mile-a-minute. Expect to be scolded mildly about not taking care of your stuff.

Above all expect top-grade advice, repair and reinstallation of your computer.

Bring a bottle of real champagne.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Just buy a new one ...
I guess you move home every time a light-bulb fails?

.....................................................................................................................

Very belated thanks to all who replied, and my apologies for not making clear that by "Puerto Plata" I meant the city, not the province.

I found the following guy:
Venesoft
near the corner of Antera Mota 73 and Local No.1
809 261 4086

He repaired two laptops (which others had failed to sort out) for 1800 pesos each, including installing a more recent and complete MS Office Suite. To buy comparable laptops new would cost me around 30,000 and 18,000 pesos respectively.

I have waited four months before posting just to ensure it wasn't a short-lived fix, but my laptops are still flying.

As ever here, your mileage may vary, but one encouraging factor is that he is not Dominican, but Venezuelan.