Azb...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rey

Jan 2, 2007
I posted this thread years ago and my opinion remains the same; and please keep in mind that I DO NOT brown nose ANYBODY

I read DR1 forums often( am a VIAJERO) and I can't help notice how this man who calls himself AZB it's right on point 100% on all of his opinions about living , banking , girls , travel , etc. ,... So I ask this question to all of you fine people here; It's anyone more knowledgable on santiago about life for expats on DR than AZB?

Ray
US ARMY
INFANTRY LEADS THE WAY
HOOOOAHH!!

PS... This might be the wrong forum for this thread...... Sorry don't know my way around the website yet.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I have followed these threads for a few years and AZB is one of the few people who get it. He views things from the experience of a successful Dominican with the worldliness of a foreigner. I like to think I "get it" and game recognizes game.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
I wouldn't say it's personal just think there would be many more people that would have better info on Santiago.

Who other than Hillbilly would have better understanding. This man knows whats up. What do you have to offer on life here ?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
AZB is right on the money when it comes to cell phones & tech ;)

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
No one person is a knowItAll here although there are many who think they are.

If you have a question then post it. Then, you will be responsible for evaluating tje replies.

This service is free of monetary cost with only the nonmonetary cost of ridicule.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
AZB spent many years living in Santiago. While his historical mannerisms (particularly with the treatment of women) have frequently been called into question by many folks (including me), his facts about life in Santiago are reliable. However, to his credit he's mellowed out a lot lately.

That said, the same is true of Hillbilly (likely THE expert on Santiago on this forum), waytogo, Cobraboy and Bob Saunders (thouth they live in Jarabacoa, a nearby town), and others. If you seek the best information, I would check with all these folks as well.

And, actually, it's "Rangers lead the way."

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
rey, I moved this out of "New Member Introductions" and into "Living" because you've been a member here for 7+ years [you don't say much though, do you?? :) ]

AZB has mellowed a lot over the years, and he does know a lot about life and living in DR. It's the delivery of his opinions that rattles some people. And the fact that a lot of DR1 members don't want to hear what he has to say, as it may hit too close to home for some.

That being said, I'm not sure what the purpose of this thread is, and if it starts getting rude and nastier it will be closed.

P.S. Here's the original thread, I miss a lot of the people who posted in it!

http://dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/79301-azb-has-mastered-dominican-way.html

Status
Not open for further replies.