gracia navide?a 2014

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Last year we flew in on the 27th of December, and that baggage claim was filled with LCD TV's in boxes.

Gringonazo

Sep 27, 2014
How does this affect non-citizens and non-residents. IE-We'll be moving down at the end of December on a business visa. I'd like to bring down a couple of TVs for our apartment. When I saw this on the customs form entering the country last week, this question arose in my mind. Any guidance would be appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
How does this affect non-citizens and non-residents. IE-We'll be moving down at the end of December on a business visa. I'd like to bring down a couple of TVs for our apartment. When I saw this on the customs form entering the country last week, this question arose in my mind. Any guidance would be appreciated. Happy Thanksgiving!

The exemption is supposed to be ONLY for Dominicans who live abroad and have not been in the DR in the past 6 months.

I didn't see them stopping anyone at SDQ last December, but you run that risk if you don't qualify under the law.

Gringonazo

Sep 27, 2014
I guess I could try it. Target is having a Black Friday sale where 40-Inch HDTVs are available at $120USD and 29-Inchers are available at $80USD. If we were to bring these down via SDQ and were stopped, what could I expect to pay on each one? Thanks in advance.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I guess I could try it. Target is having a Black Friday sale where 40-Inch HDTVs are available at $120USD and 29-Inchers are available at $80USD. If we were to bring these down via SDQ and were stopped, what could I expect to pay on each one? Thanks in advance.

Whatever they want. It will be different for every person.