The Cdn Gringo Story...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I messed up, apologies :(

In my effort in cleaning up the thread and moving it back to the Living forum I deleted it.
As an Admin, I hard delete posts, unlike the mods that soft delete them so they can be retrieved.

Cdn Gringo, if you it in Word/text form, feel free to post again in the Living forum.

I'll promise to leave it alone and let the mods deal with it.

Sorry!!!!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I didn't specifically save copies of the posts but I do have a few drafts and chapters 5 - 6 that I have been emailing to those who couldn't access it.

I will be hard pressed to resurrect the earliest chapters. I'll see what I can find.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I've got chapters 1 - 6. I haven't reread 1-4 to determine if they are the final revision that was posted yet. I'll do that tomorrow morning. I'll fix the spelling mistakes and the auto-correct nastiness that snuck through the first time and repost the series in order in the living section under the same forum title.

Those who have not yet been able to read chapters 5 - 6 due to the thread being moved will be able to do so tomorrow. Chances are this will delay the final installment by one day. That's cool as it will allow those who are behind to catch up.

I fear the prologue post is lost for good unless derfish printed it out so he could circle every word with a red pen and return it to me sans smiley face sticker.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
All is Not Lost!!!!

I've got chapters 1 - 6. I haven't reread 1-4 to determine if they are the final revision that was posted yet. I'll do that tomorrow morning. I'll fix the spelling mistakes and the auto-correct nastiness that snuck through the first time and repost the series in order in the living section under the same forum title.

Those who have not yet been able to read chapters 5 - 6 due to the thread being moved will be able to do so tomorrow. Chances are this will delay the final installment by one day. That's cool as it will allow those who are behind to catch up.

I fear the prologue post is lost for good unless derfish printed it out so he could circle every word with a red pen and return it to me sans smiley face sticker.

It wasn't cached in the Internet Wayback Machine, so I asked my genius son if he could find it. The first two pages, including the prologue that you are missing are in the Bing cache.

Here is the link for the first page with the missing prologue.

The Cdn Gringo Story

Hope this helps!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Man I am glad you didn't go of the hook mad about the accidental deletion, I was a little scared... :lick:

I'm waiting for the time that I get banned for a week after casting aspersions on the good character and motivations of my favorite moderator before releasing my psychopathic alterego in a flaming display of shock & awe.

Crap happens and I do believe it was an honest mistake so no animosity is warranted. Thanks to the help of La Prof and his son and due to the method I used to composed these short posts I was able to recover everything-No harm done.

As an aside, I'm contemplating firing my agent. I have yet to see any advance on my earnings as I stare at an empty bottle of Baileys this morning. Now I have to go screaming into Sosua at breakneck speeds on my sup'd up pesloa dodging tourists in rented jeepeetas to resupply for tomorrow.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
You're welcome, but it is LA Profe. I am female. Porkman calls XO profe too, and that is where the confusion arises, I think.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Agent reporting in...

Advances are still pending, but remember - agent gets paid first, then the talent......
just like Hollywood

Will be at the lawyer's tomorrow to discuss a lawsuit ....

BIG MONEY coming from that, I expect......

La Profe is a life saver...... Robert seems rational......

the rest.......... something about inmates and an asylum....
I always forget the saying,,.....getting old.

When will we be able to see a coherent thread...... again

Robert -- pls do us a favour and hang a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door this time

hahaha