My first day here

lionofjudah

Nov 24, 2014
Hello, everyone... This is my first day in this forum. Currently, I'm in Haiti. Living and working. My family and i decided to move to DR. We just haven't decide when. So, before we make this big move, i would like to know more about DR. For example; employment, housing, food, temple (worship), transportation, etc...

Aug 6, 2006
lionof judah,

Are you a relative of Haile Selassie, as your name seems to suggest?
Ethiopian? Jamaican Rastamon?

Siberian Bear

Jul 4, 2014
look at real life
Dominicans hate Haitians ...
my gardener - gaityanets ... legally work in the DR ...
it constantly check and try deported ...

PanfilodeVaca

Jan 12, 2014
Welcome to DR1.

I see this thread is off to a promising start: Chic offering literary criticism and RAAAY both liking and disliking every post.

Pardon my ignorance, Cyber Bear, but what does "gaityanets" mean?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hello, everyone... This is my first day in this forum. Currently, I'm in Haiti. Living and working. My family and i decided to move to DR. We just haven't decide when. So, before we make this big move, i would like to know more about DR. For example; employment, housing, food, temple (worship), transportation, etc...

Are you currently doing volunteer work in Haiti? Where are you from originally? What type of employment are you looking for? Wages are very low in the DR. Also if you are considering living in the DR full time you will need to go through the residency process, which is expensive for a family. You will need a number of documents, including a police record check, fingerprints and proof of employment. I am sure you realize that living on this Island is very challenging. Good luck.

Aug 6, 2006
Welcome to DR1.

I see this thread is off to a promising start: Chic offering literary criticism and RAAAY both liking and disliking every post.

Pardon my ignorance, Cyber Bear, but what does "gaityanets" mean?

=====================================
So far as I can tell, the word Гаитянец is rather like the "n" word, or as one might say in Russian, the "Г" word. But perhaps I am wrong, since this is the Slovak word that is pronounced the same way. Slovak uses the Roman alphabet, with a number of diacriticals.

The Cyrillic alphabet is somewhat confusing in that many of what an English speaker might think of as consonants are vowels. я for example, is the sound "ya" and has no relation to R.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
With a name like Lionofjudah, can we surmise that you are not haitiano? If not, what's your heritage?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I am Russian,
many times already apologized for my english ...

Siberian Bear, I apologize to you for his remark, it was totally uncalled for and very rude. Many of us here wish we could communicate as well as you do in a 2nd or 3rd language.

He speaks English as a first language, and sometimes we don't know what HE is saying.

lionofjudah

Nov 24, 2014
Thank you everyone for the welcomes. Unfortunately, do not be deceive by my users name. I am a full grown woman. Lion of Judah is biblical. Judah is the tribe my Lord Jesus Christ from. He represent the Lion of Judah. However, that is a whole other topic no one wants to go there. Let's close it. Siberian Bear, God peace be with you.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Well, his contributions are almost Shekespearean in quality! ;)

"Oy vey," and "Welcome to DR1," says Shakespeare.

MTE1ODA0OTcxNzgzMzkwNzMz.jpg