Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Great money transfer

I just used RIA money transfer service. I sent myself $200 and then 10 days later $500. From my U.S. bank account to Caribe Tours, delivered in U.S. dollars. They used a security check a lot like Paypal does. The transfer took about 6 days to complete. The charge for the service was the same for each transfer and is the same for $2000.00. Two bucks per transfer! Yes...two dollars net per transfer. Xoom is fast but I do not need fast.

Pura Vida

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

You have a website?

Is this it? It's not working for me.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

What exchange rate did they give you, compared to xoom? The exchange rate is where they make their money.

4. Likes mido liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Ria 43.00
    Xoom 42.45 (abusadores)
    BAnco popular 43.60

Banco Popular wires cost usd60+300 pesos, so difference is usd58+ 300 pesos (is about 2829 pesos).

2829/0.6 = 4715, so below 4715 wire Ria is cheaper, good find! Most of the time I don't want to wait, but it's defintely an option.
    Last edited by Mauricio; 11-26-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I us3 RIA office in switzerland ( not by internet ). 5chf by transfer up to 2000 chf ( but they give out vouchers for free transfer, a friend of mine that works there gave me 30 + ). Arrives the same day, delievered to the house. Good rates ( cant remember ), but they send you SMS/email for days with good rates.
    Even better, I got to know one of the employees. I phone him, he sends the money, I send someone round to pay him a couple of days after.

All in all, best option for me.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome site and the price can't be beat. The only problem is that most of the time when a family member calls they need the money ASAP.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I just checked the site and US$ to us$ is $2 only. My question is if it's from a US Bank account to deposit to a Dom Bank account, still in US$ does it take longer for processing, if anyone knows.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    He says he picked up US $$ No exchange rate involved.
    You're right! It's even better!