Best black friday sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
So far I've only received an email from PriceSmart with no specifics as far as the sale goes.. anyone got any inside info on huge sales going on Friday in SD or Santiago, thanks!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
So far I've only received an email from PriceSmart with no specifics as far as the sale goes.. anyone got any inside info on huge sales going on Friday in SD or Santiago, thanks!

You should try reading the news section on DR1's home page.

Black Friday comes on strong

Dominicans have been quick to copy US traditions.... Many people here now celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving. It was only a matter of time before stores started holding "Black Friday" sales. Last year it was an all-round success and this year the exception is the store that is not offering some of the best sales ever on Friday, 28 November 2014.

In Santo Domingo, Carrefour supermarket is advertising its Wine Fair for the weekend. Get excellent prices on European and especially French wines.

Tech store Cecomsa is advertising 30 to 15% off, depending on the time the customers go shopping (the store is open 6am to 6pm.).

Omega Tech, another large tech store, is offering the best prices on electronics for that day.

Bravo supermarket is advertising 50% off the second bottle of wine in a selection.

Plaza Lama is open from 6am for Black Friday sales.

Appliance store Corripio is advertising Black Friday sales on Thursday 27 November (for Banco Popular credit card holders) and Friday 28 November (general public).

La Curacao appliances store is advertising Black Friday sales on 28 and 29 November.

Pinturas Tropical is advertising 20-30% off on selected paint colors on Black Friday.

Jumbo supermarket is advertising an extended Black Friday, from 26 to 30 November when banks located within the center are offering special deals on loans.

Several vehicle tire vendors have been advertising Black Friday sales.

Lanco products are 30-40% off on Black Friday.

Casa Cuesta is advertising 20-30% off appliances.

Ikea is also in the sales and is promoting its own deals.

Office Depot at Galeria 360 is advertising sales from 6pm to 12 midnight on Thursday, 28 November and from 6am to 12 midnight on Friday, 29 November.

Carol pharmacy is advertising 15% off all prices on Thursday, 27 November and Friday, 28 November.

Home Gallery furniture store has 50% off all the furniture.

Simmons mattresses stores at Bella Vista Mall, Nunez de Caceres and Gustavo Mejia Ricart avenues have sales of 50-30% on mattresses.

Optica Lopez has 20% off eyeglasses at their Santo Domingo stores at Plaza Central, Churchill, Av. Venezuela, Sanchez Km 7 and in Santiago.

Stores at the leading shopping malls are offering big sales.

Jan 9, 2004
You should try reading the news section on DR1's home page.

Black Friday comes on strong

Dominicans have been quick to copy US traditions.... Many people here now celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving. It was only a matter of time before stores started holding "Black Friday" sales. Last year it was an all-round success and this year the exception is the store that is not offering some of the best sales ever on Friday, 28 November 2014.

In Santo Domingo, Carrefour supermarket is advertising its Wine Fair for the weekend. Get excellent prices on European and especially French wines.

Tech store Cecomsa is advertising 30 to 15% off, depending on the time the customers go shopping (the store is open 6am to 6pm.).

Omega Tech, another large tech store, is offering the best prices on electronics for that day.

Bravo supermarket is advertising 50% off the second bottle of wine in a selection.

Plaza Lama is open from 6am for Black Friday sales.

Appliance store Corripio is advertising Black Friday sales on Thursday 27 November (for Banco Popular credit card holders) and Friday 28 November (general public).

La Curacao appliances store is advertising Black Friday sales on 28 and 29 November.

Pinturas Tropical is advertising 20-30% off on selected paint colors on Black Friday.

Jumbo supermarket is advertising an extended Black Friday, from 26 to 30 November when banks located within the center are offering special deals on loans.

Several vehicle tire vendors have been advertising Black Friday sales.

Lanco products are 30-40% off on Black Friday.

Casa Cuesta is advertising 20-30% off appliances.

Ikea is also in the sales and is promoting its own deals.

Office Depot at Galeria 360 is advertising sales from 6pm to 12 midnight on Thursday, 28 November and from 6am to 12 midnight on Friday, 29 November.

Carol pharmacy is advertising 15% off all prices on Thursday, 27 November and Friday, 28 November.

Home Gallery furniture store has 50% off all the furniture.

Simmons mattresses stores at Bella Vista Mall, Nunez de Caceres and Gustavo Mejia Ricart avenues have sales of 50-30% on mattresses.

Optica Lopez has 20% off eyeglasses at their Santo Domingo stores at Plaza Central, Churchill, Av. Venezuela, Sanchez Km 7 and in Santiago.

Stores at the leading shopping malls are offering big sales.

That is a pretty extensive list.

Thanks for posting it.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Just now passed by Corripios head office on Nunez de Caceres. About ten trailers lined up with 40' containers...probably expecting empty stores after this weekend and are rushing in new merchandise that arrived at the port.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013

You've got to be kidding. Black Friday in the DR?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Believe it or not, a few folks have money.

this is irrelevant. DR is not europe. i have not seen proper sales here, like 70% on clothing in chain stores. i stopped buying clothing and accessories in dominican stores years ago. even their sales are laughable, seeing that the margin on the merchandise is high and quality resembles trash.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
this is irrelevant. DR is not europe. i have not seen proper sales here, like 70% on clothing in chain stores. i stopped buying clothing and accessories in dominican stores years ago. even their sales are laughable, seeing that the margin on the merchandise is high and quality resembles trash.

So shop online for VS D cups.

Jul 28, 2014

I found a place in Sosua that sells cheap name brand clothes. However, I think some of the clothes they have may not have been obtained by "above board" means... Regardless, I don't mind paying 5$/200 RD for Adidas shorts

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I found a place in Sosua that sells cheap name brand clothes. However, I think some of the clothes they have may not have been obtained by "above board" means... Regardless, I don't mind paying 5$/200 RD for Adidas shorts

i think them "adidas" shorts may be fake.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Fake or not, it's no matter to me, the material isn't crappy and is durable, same goes for the shirts I get there. I am happy with the products ...

care to disclose the name? i was speaking with a guy who is knowledgeable in the garment business, and he says that bootlegs are no longer just knockoffs,, but some are the genuine articles which walk out the back door.

Jul 28, 2014
La Pulga in Sosua... Now mind you, they do have their share of cheap quality stuff, but you can find the odd decent item if you look around. They seem to do a fair turnover of stuff, with a lot of different clothes every time I would trip through there.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
La Pulga in Sosua... Now mind you, they do have their share of cheap quality stuff, but you can find the odd decent item if you look around. They seem to do a fair turnover of stuff, with a lot of different clothes every time I would trip through there.

i looove la pulga. that's the only place where you can find decent items at decent price. and i am totally at peace with used clothing.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i looove la pulga. that's the only place where you can find decent items at decent price. and i am totally at peace with used clothing.

then you will love MUN2. got me a pair of almost new Saks 5th Ave dress pants there for 250 pesos. you can't beat that with a stick.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
PLAYERO SOSUA - BREAKING NEWS- BLACK FRIDAY SALE - JOHNSONVILLE SAUSAGES REDUCED FROM $343 RD to $341 RD LOL

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
care to disclose the name? i was speaking with a guy who is knowledgeable in the garment business, and he says that bootlegs are no longer just knockoffs,, but some are the genuine articles which walk out the back door.

I have heard from people in my neighborhood certain stores in the capitol sell things that were shipped down from NYC in big blue
drums, some of which walked right out the back door of a store in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.