Lost License Plate. What is the process to get a new one?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Por p?rdida de Chapa

Para solicitar un duplicado de chapa para veh?culos de motor se debe depositar los siguientes requisitos:

Matr?cula original.
Copia de ambos lados de la c?dula de identidad y electoral del propietario del veh?culo o pasaporte (en caso de ser extranjero).
Certificaci?n vigente del Plan Piloto o de la Polic?a Nacional de la provincia correspondiente por p?rdida de placa.
Tres (3) publicaciones certificadas y selladas en un peri?dico de circulaci?n nacional por p?rdida de placa.
Certificaci?n de la Autoridad Metropolitana de Transporte (AMET) (en caso de que el veh?culo est? detenido).
Pagar dos mil seicientos pesos (RD$2,600) (RD$2,500 correspondiente la emisi?n de la nueva chapa y RD$100.00 por la impresi?n de la matr?cula).
Carta de solicitud de la empresa timbrada, firmada y sellada (aplica solamente para personas jur?dicas). Debe contener los datos del representante y los datos del veh?culo.
Poder de autorizaci?n notariada y legalizada (aplica cuando la transacci?n no es realizada por el titular del veh?culo).
Copia de ambos lados de la c?dula de identidad y electoral de la persona que va a realizar la transacci?n (aplica cuando la transacci?n no es realizada por el titular del veh?culo).

Source : Duplicados

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Shoot! Remind me not to lose a license plate. I think I'll weld mine on, if I elect to attach it in the first place.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
It looks more complicated than it is. Most of the requirements are only in case of certain circumstances. The most complicated one is the certification of Plan Piloto (because: making lines).

I'm sure that in the office of Diario libre they know exactly what you need to do to have the ads placed correctly, and where and how to certify it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Shoot! Remind me not to lose a license plate. I think I'll weld mine on, if I elect to attach it in the first place.

As long as you have the ability to weld a very thin piece of aluminum to steel you will be all set. :beard:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Plates here, or anywhere are not made of alunimum. Try kissing it with a magnet.

I just "kissed" four different Dominican license plates with a magnet and they did not "kiss" back. They are not made of a ferromagnetic material. They feel suspiciously like aluminum. I notice that every time I put one on a vehicle and also how they do not rust in the salt air.

Please see this:

Since old or expired license plates are made of aluminum, they are infinitely recyclable or reusable. - See more at: How to Recycle License Plates | 1800Recycling.com

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Modern License Plates are Made from Aluminum

Look at the pile of license plates in the photo in your link. Most of them are rusted. Aluminum doesn't rust. Never.
Der Fish
The old licenses plates that show rust were made from galvanized steel.

What are license plates made of?
Modern license plates are made of aluminum, which is easy to recycle. Manufacturers simply melt the metal down and cast it into new items. Hundreds of products are made of aluminum — everything from silverware to cars — so there is no shortage of demand for it. - See more at: How to Recycle License Plates | 1800Recycling.com

I mentioned I also checked DR license plates and they are definitely not made of steel or iron (not a ferrous metal with magnetic properties).

Aluminum, which is what license plates are actually made from, will also oxidize/corrode over time.

Please watch this video on how license plates are made from .027" thick ALUMINUM in Florida:

[video=youtube;oklKAMEOT7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oklKAMEOT7I[/video]

New York undated passenger issue, circa 1993. This A12-3BC series yielded 2.6 times as many combinations as the two previous sequences, and therefore lasted much longer (February, 1993 to April, 1999). Early plates in this format were made of galvanized steel like previous Liberty plates, with a change to aluminum made later in the series.

Last edited: