Infractions, banning and the 7740 hypertext to nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Sometimes when a thread is closed there is a link with ,I think, 7740. Clicking on it takes me nowhere. What does that mean. 7740?

Sometimes members refer to giving each other an infraction? Is that a real thing or just people joshing each other? If real is there a formula for x infractions = y (banning).

Sometimes a person has the term sin bin under their name. Is that a pre-banning?

Do you get an email warning?

Do you just get locked out?

What are the terms of banning?

One week for personal insult, two weeks for racial slur?

Can someone share what got people banned, as a guide post to avoiding it myself. Not details of current members, unless they want to tell their own story.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Oops! deleted post. This post was in off topic . Do not know if allowed to post in regular forums.:nervous:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I strongly suggest you re-think your inquiry.

29bhld4.jpg

Aug 6, 2006
Is that one of those disconnected phalluses of the future?

If they are green, does that suggest gangrene?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Sometimes when a thread is closed there is a link with ,I think, 7740. Clicking on it takes me nowhere. What does that mean. 7740?

No clue

Sometimes members refer to giving each other an infraction? Is that a real thing or just people joshing each other? If real is there a formula for x infractions = y (banning).

Members cannot give each other infractions, only moderators can do that. There are 3 point infractions and 10 point infractions - with 10 you're banned, moderator or administration decides for how long. 3 points is a warning, but if they accumulate to 10 you're banned.

Sometimes a person has the term sin bin under their name. Is that a pre-banning?

Nope, that means they are gone, usually for a longer period of time, and that administration was involved

Do you get an email warning?

3 point infraction is a warning, or you may get a warning in the thread, or via PM

Do you just get locked out?

Sometimes :)

What are the terms of banning?

One week for personal insult, two weeks for racial slur?

Determined individually based on the offensive post, by the moderator of that forum

Can someone share what got people banned, as a guide post to avoiding it myself. Not details of current members, unless they want to tell their own story.

Recent bannings: Very nasty, negative posts; arguing with moderator; insulting other posters, defying rules set by DR1 after warning, etc.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
So if I'm just ugly but behave myself, I'm good to go?

How long do points last? I seem to remember getting some a few years ago.

I'm pretty sure the 3 point infractions expire in a month. They're meant as a warning - you'd need 4 warnings for them to cause a banning - and if someone has gotten 4 warnings in a month they're doing everything wrong. :)

PS. I checked, yep, you got a 3 pointer back in 2008 by a moderator who's gone now.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
As long as you don't make fun of a MOD or Apple products, they let you back on, LOL!
AE, what's up with all the RED, toss some GREEN in the mix it's BLACK Friday.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
It's just amazing how fast people can answer a question? A person can ask what's the name of that place on?...where can I buy?.... And in minutes they get a direct answer. Thanks

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
So, if I were to refer to another member as a one-eyed, one-horned, purple, people-eater, would that be construed as an insult?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I would think a lot would depend on who you are making reference to at the time. The wrong person might be considered an insult to the identifiable minority group of Purple People Eaters.

I remember having a few PPEs in my pocket back in elementary school, a practice that would not be politically correct these days.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
...and I was concurring with some added comic relief from days gone by. PPEs in the pocket, for those that played with marbles circa the 1970's.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"You're ALL, ....BANNED FOR LIFE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now,....THAT's MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thank you. Wish I could do that split quote thing. Maybe better I don't learn.

Very easy mofongoloco:

At the bottom of every post is a grey bar - at the very end on the right is a "+ sign.

Click on that sign on every post you want to quote in the thread.

Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on "Reply To Thread", when you do that, all the other posts you clicked on will be in the box for you.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Wow it takes 4 warnings to get banned, I think it should be one warning and then next time BAM...BAN!

You really have to PI$$ off WUD or Trash Apple to be permanently banned.
They warn you, then BAN you, try it out, great food "inside".

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
you a repeating offender, they dont like you, you a PITA, or hit a sore spot time after time, you be gone. Not too complicated. What everyone want to know is where is the edge where than can go right up to but not over. Thats the hard part and that you only learn from many postings experience. Some never learn. A very select few become masters at walking the edge. The force is with those few.

Status
Not open for further replies.