Tricom is bad, really bad!

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
After being sent from Bavaro to Higuey, Higuey to La Romana, back to Bavaro and then again back to La Romana I decided to cancel my contract with Tricom in Santo Domingo.

I wanted to cancel because my modem broke down and the technical guy said they don't have any more modems so I had to cancel the contract (they just stop their obligations).
So the girl in Santo Domingo told me I could cancel the contract after paying the last month of Internet.....which I didn't have!
Since more than 5 weeks I do not have Internet!
She couldn't care less and I was forced (can't stay in Santo Domingo a few days only to wait for a reclamation) to pay.

Think twice before starting something with this ****ty company!:angry:

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Anyone know why I might have problems loading google? I just got tricom today. It works OK, but google doesn't load for some reason.

Birdman

Jan 29, 2013
I changed my DNS servers. 4.2.2.1 and Google - 8.8.4.4 are much faster than the Dominican servers.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
I get messages with certain websites about not being able to establish a secure connection despite it being in my home

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
After being sent from Bavaro to Higuey, Higuey to La Romana, back to Bavaro and then again back to La Romana I decided to cancel my contract with Tricom in Santo Domingo.

I wanted to cancel because my modem broke down and the technical guy said they don't have any more modems so I had to cancel the contract (they just stop their obligations).
So the girl in Santo Domingo told me I could cancel the contract after paying the last month of Internet.....which I didn't have!
Since more than 5 weeks I do not have Internet!
She couldn't care less and I was forced (can't stay in Santo Domingo a few days only to wait for a reclamation) to pay.

Think twice before starting something with this ****ty company!:angry:

If is not your fault they can not solve your problem then you have some rights, like cancel your service without paying extra charges, You have to call customer service and explain to them that they can not solve your problem providing a new modem for your service or repair the one you have, take a note of the number of case that they give you, also tell them that if they dont help you you will open a case in Indotel.

As I see you have complain so many times, if you have the cases number also provide it to Indotel CAU.

At Indotel they solve all your problems, I had a case some years ago that my mother has fix line with Claro and my phone was from VIVA and I was able to call her without problems, but when she tryed to call me the call could not be complete, I reported the case to VIVA and they says our system is fine the problem is in Claro, I reporte then the case in Claro and they said our system is fin the problem is in VIVA, so meanwhile she still couldnt call me, I went to the Indotel webpage explained my case, provide all the information of the case numbers in VIVA and Claro, next thing I received an email from Indotel telling me that there was already a person asigned in Claro to solve the proble and very fast my mother could call me.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have a cable modem with a US IP address and sometimes I have problems getting to Google.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Anyone know why I might have problems loading google? I just got tricom today. It works OK, but google doesn't load for some reason.

At the command prompt enter: ping google.com

OK? No, it is a problem that tricom can help you with, call them.

Yes, at the command prompt enter: tracert google.com

OK, no, tricom can help with that too. Note problem hop/address.

Yes, enter google.com in your browser.

Ok, no: more info please.

Yes, done.